Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS round 3

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
It was a great day.

Better than that - the standard is improving with every round.

IMHO the reffing standards are as good if not better at CPPS than the Mills, where lets face it, the refs are a bit biased.

Despite the weather, the facilities held up and it didn't ruin the day at all.

If I had to say something contructive I'd suggest a careful look at the shedules. Perhaps swapping groups in and out to spread play more evenly.

Reactions: Ainsley

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
Was a cracking event! the weather didnt dampen ;) any spirits from my point of view. There are only two things i think that can be improved: 1. the swimming pool where the div 5 teams are staged, which i think i read is being sorted, and 2. the re-seeding schedule for div5. After lunch, making it to the finals, my team didnt play a single game for over 2 hours and then we ended up playing 3 back to back pretty much and then getting earache off the refs for not being on field for a game as soon as we walked off to re-fill air/paint etc.... this changed from round 2 where games were still evenly spaced which i think is a lot better.

Reactions: Ainsley

Havard407

Greatest Member
Jul 28, 2011
Wigan
Great event, other than us at UK Elite taking a kicking but we were a weakened side so I wasn't too bothered.
Only complaint was the weather and I didn't see anyone doing a rain dance so the blame is there to be taken.
The reffing on the div2/div3 field was in my opinion fantastic, good calls and fine to give an explanation if required. I also understand the vital point that the refs have to work as quickly as we play, so if someone is pulled then I understand it was a split second thought in doing so which 99% is the right thing on our field.
One problem was in our game against Hawks, we went 1 - 0 down after a longish point, then played another and became a no point... Got on the field and 30 seconds was called then next minute the game was ended due to "no time being left" so the head ref came over, explained what had happened and to be fair it wasn't their fault and he even apologies about the mix up. Both teams where quite gutted because both points before where good points too but oh well! :)
In conclusion I have no problems, the reffing was good so thanks to the head ref and the ones I know personally too, great paint, great venue and more importantly great ideas to perfecting the site from Ains. All ballers playing the event credit everything you've done for the CPPS and british paintball as a whole.

Thanks to everyone in Div 3 for great games and the lads from Lethal Formula & Din Eidyn for coaching us during points and beating us down in the others!

All the best for round 4 :)

H

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Let's be honest, prizes are awesome right? But I still think it should only be the top top top division boys that should get decent prizes. Why? Well, those guys in Elite are practicing, playing, spending, traveling, to be the very best they can in the UK, Europe and the US. Prizes give those guys a little something to either use or sell on to fund their goals. If the top division gets mega prizes then everyone is gonna want to ball hard to become an Elite player and win some prizes...but only after you've worked hard for it.

Rock up with your mates, have a great time, play some killer ball and be part of an event that is just immensely amazing AND pick up some silverware AND get on a video, if you're lucky. Enjoy it. Don't expect handouts or solid gold goblets for playing a lower division and we'll all have a great time.

Not a rant, just saying is all.

The CPPS is incredible! Can't wait for a dry one.

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
Let's be honest, prizes are awesome right? But I still think it should only be the top top top division boys that should get decent prizes. Why? Well, those guys in Elite are practicing, playing, spending, traveling, to be the very best they can in the UK, Europe and the US. Prizes give those guys a little something to either use or sell on to fund their goals. If the top division gets mega prizes then everyone is gonna want to ball hard to become an Elite player and win some prizes...but only after you've worked hard for it.

Rock up with your mates, have a great time, play some killer ball and be part of an event that is just immensely amazing AND pick up some silverware AND get on a video, if you're lucky. Enjoy it. Don't expect handouts or solid gold goblets for playing a lower division and we'll all have a great time.

Not a rant, just saying is all.

The CPPS is incredible! Can't wait for a dry one.
You're absolutely right of course. Only those that are hungry enough to get into that top division should be getting amazing prizes like markers and such and most people should be out for the fun, not the prizes. On the other hand, seeing someone get a marker when you're getting a pat on the back kinda sucks ;)

The problem in the UK is that those teams are paying the same as the other teams for the most part, they're travelling less distance in most cases, and I am almost willing to bet some of them even train less often, or at least with the same frequency as some of the lower div players. Simply by virtue of where they happen to live, they have access to better training facilities and other teams to train against and learn from, so they are able to rise up to that division quicker.

It isn't necessarily that case that that the only in that division are the ones who are super elite and life and breath paintball. Most of those players are on that other level because they either happen to live close enough to the decent fields or have good enough jobs that they can travel to these fields every weekend. They also obviously have the drive needed to win because close proximity to an airfield doesn't automatically make you a pro :)

If there were 2 or 3 air fields within 20 minutes of every major city like in the US then yea, only the teams who want it badly enough will be in the elite div, but if most of the teams in the UK (read: Scotland :p) want to train to the level needed to compete in that division, then they're going to have to drive several hundred miles each way every weekend. I don't know many that can afford that :(

Edit: wow that got long and ranty there... I think my point got lost. Here is the TL;DR version: The field infrastructure in the UK is lacking and where you live plays a larger role in skill level than it should. I think that was the point I, but even I am not sire anymore, lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Most of the training in the UK is now done at CPPS or Bricket Wood.

Markie C used to run NQ near Manchester Airport, and the closure of that site was a sad loss.

Reactions: Havard407

bbarathy

boBToo
Jul 3, 2006
Somerset UK
Edit: wow that got long and ranty there... I think my point got lost. Here is the TL;DR version: The field infrastructure in the UK is lacking and where you live plays a larger role in skill level than it should. I think that was the point I, but even I am not sire anymore, lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I disagree. I know players that travel hundreds of miles on a frequent basis to train with top teams in the UK.
Dan - there are other places to train in the UK (such as Academy 49, and Cribbs; both near Bristol).

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I disagree. I know players that travel hundreds of miles on a frequent basis to train with top teams in the UK.
Dan - there are other places to train in the UK (such as Academy 49, and Cribbs; both near Bristol).
problem is bbarathy for us scottish teams, travelling to play other teams consists of at least a 500 mile round trip (so what, at least £150 of fuel?). so if you start adding in the cost of possible accommodation and THEN the cost of that training its something that is not possible for most teams. And you need to remember that we're not talking about CPL/SPL teams, but the average joes playing D2, 3, 4.