Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS round 3

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
I would estimate it costs me £300+ for a weekend all in and that's to play breakout div the thrill of play is why I go.
I travel from central London to Cambridgeshire
2-3 times a month (over 100 miles) to train all on public transport about £100 a time with a box of paint.
Seeing brand new players walk away with something to show for there valiant effort as silverware doesn't feature in that div was an unexpected and frankly fantastic bonus.
Didn't go for prizes but grateful for them and the masks we won have not been sold they are wearing them.
If I was playing for the free stuff I would want at least a diamond encrusted 24k chalice filled with '79 Chablis.
Those players that I hit that field with are itching for training now and stoked for the next round which tbh so am I :D and anything that has that effect on new players to the 5 man format is frankly a massive success especially as now they may play div 5 and only walk away with a position, these are individuals not motivated buy goods but simply a desire to play the sport and play it well.

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Hello chaps

I play for Team Kinetic, whose players are spread all over the southwest. I live down in Truro in Cornwall, and another guy called Dan who has been training and played the last couple of events with us lives even further down on the Lizard in Cornwall.

Due to there being no quality sup air training facilities in the south west for some time now we travel the 180 miles up to Bristol and 180 miles back to train at Marc's AC49 site. There we can train on a good quality field, with good air fills and against other quality teams and players.

Obviously we travel even further again to attend the CPPS because it is in my opinion the UKs top dometic event and allows us to compete against the other best teams in the UK. So while I agree that the higher the division the more substantial the prizes should be, I think that many people across all divisions dedicate much of their life's and disposable income to the sport they love and so if they get good results should also get some nice prizes.

Well done CPPS for continuing to push the prize pool. Personally,while the prizes are a nice bonus, it's getting the results that's important to me and having the sense of satisfaction at the end of the day that we have fought and competed with other great teams.

Cheers Craig P

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Here's our take on prizes........

We like to reward the lower divisions with prizes as to them, it's a big deal. Yes the teams at the top have put the effort in over the years to be where they are now, however due to sponsorships etc, some prizes would be useless to them other than selling on the forums at a reduced rate...which then has a negative effect on the vendors which we in turn support at the CPPS. For lower division teams, masks, tanks and paint helps them along and has more chance of being of use to them.

For the big teams, it's all about the kudos and trophies.....as that's what gets them more support for the following season from their sponsors. You probably haven't noticed, but the Elite division does get bigger trophies as a small compensation :)