Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cpps today

Feb 6, 2010
but the biggest bug bear on these fields was the breaks between games ,most of the morning we had a 4 game turn around but on our last morning game we had too wait 15 games before we played
not good same in the afternoon there was a big break too our last game
hope this is helpful Rich as you know i love you :D:)
just want this event too be the best
As ever we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to rectify what we can control. We apologise for the waits between games, we had some no shows which always effects the running order I am afraid.

In the afternoon sessions I attempted to help out by announcing teams onto fields 4 & 5 using the megaphone. This seemed to speed things up a little and we will see if we can make this a feature for the full day at the next round.

To the conference teams that had to put up with me trying to replicate the PSP queing system (for which I blame Ledz!) - please stay with me on this as I will have the correct terminology in place for the next round.

My current thinking:

On field = Launched (playing)
1st on field = on deck (ready to enter the field - aired up etc etc)
2nd on field = in the hole (apparently Ledz's fav) - getting potted up, aired up and generally prepared to take the 'on deck' position when it becomes available
3rd on field = on ice

:)

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
It was a great day but...

When teams who are near the dj deck could it be turned down a bit please. Some of us were struggling to hear the 10seconds or game on and im sure i speak for others to!

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
balls out very much welcomed mate
i saw what you did in the afternoon and yes run much smoother:)
but if all things had run smooth in the morning we would have still had a 9 game break
in the morning
too long ,would rather have 4 to 5 games between each game,and maybe a short dinner break or a long one each month
understand that teams don`t turn up,that is beyond your control;)
but the schedule could be more effective by each team having a set gap if possible:)
i know you and rich put in a shed load of effort
and maybe you look at these posts and think why the hell do we bother :eek:
but i would rather tell you there was a minor problem than kiss your ass and say this was perfect and then go bitch behind your back:)

damocarlisle

Impulse
May 28, 2008
Carlisle
Its was my 2nd CPPS event and found playing 5 Man very frustrating mainly down as mentioned to the long wait between games.

At one point there was a 16 game gap and heard another team had to wait 23 games.

Seems to me that the 5 man divisions need to be looked at to prevent this in future. Maybe too many teams to cope with for two fields?

From both my visits to CPPS I've come away disappointed to be honest.

Looks like the Race to 2 and the Race to 4 divisions are sorted and run smoothly so its obviously a good event.

Finding it hard to recommend it to my team for next season.

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
Damo, i apologise that you have gone home dissapointed from our events twice.

The scheduling is being looked at as mentioned in another post (thoughts for rd 4) but no shows and a few conflict avoidances dont help with the big breaks, no team should have more than a 6 game gap usually.

I totally understand if you do not wish to recomend us to your team or any other for next season, but we will endeavour to correct any issues for those that do wish to partake in our events.

As for Biscuit's comments, you should no by now we are happy to acept all critiscm either constructive or negative as its how we evolve and have got to where we have now and hopefully will continue.

And yes, i do wonder why i bother at times but then everyone has that feeling when its there job dont they??

And hey, if ya where bitching behind my back ya wouldnt be the only one :) After all the only ones that dont get any **** are the ones that dont do anything, the only way to be sucesful is to learn how to take **** lol

Reactions: Biscuit

damocarlisle

Impulse
May 28, 2008
Carlisle
Damo, i apologise that you have gone home dissapointed from our events twice.
Maybe I'm being harsh Rich because were a Uk Masters team I hope not as I like to thing I'm a fair kind of guy.

Might be down to the fact that I've guested for teams rather than entering my own team I don't know, just felt abit I don't know flat when I left.

Nice to see you take on board comments.

I will have to get my guys to do an event proper to get a better feel.

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
You were also saved by that sticker at least once since my Back Right saw it and called to the ref to check you by which point you'd lit up the whole team and it was all over... Next time maybe show your support for your sponsors some other way eh?