Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPS 5 events this year

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
what type of top teams are there?
What top teams?

Nah, the "Pro" bracket had (I think) 5 teams in there, Icon and Breakout Spa played one round - but they didn't play another round. Then there was Instinct, Vision and MLKings, but obviously Kings didn't have their american contingency.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
What was bad about it? *didn't play honestly curious*
It markets itself in the same league as Millenniums, as an international event. But in reality it was more of a domestic event. It's smaller than the CPPS in terms of turnout and fields, and played at domestic venues (with the exception of Rome)

Rome was a decent event, a little small (only 2 fields and one of those was only up for one day) But it was 20 minutes outside of Rome so you at least got to see the city in the evenings. Out of all of them, this was the best reffed as well. However, trade was next to non existent, and if you didn't shoot eclipse, you weren't getting a tech.

Belgium was in the breakout arena, the indoor arena was a sauna and disgusting to play in in the ~30 degree heat. The outdoor field was only a little better than bricketwood. Also, the field dimensions were completely different, which made training on the field on the Thursday completely invalid. Again, next to no trade, only eclipse gun support and a small amount of teams. Food was alright, however the venue was in the ass end of nowhere, near nothing and in a place where there's very little tourist enjoyment. We got drunk in our villa and found an outdoor swimming pool, only bright side of the event. The reffing was really starting to show a visible decrease for this event, and even noted by the more experienced refs (surprisingly enough they were english, I say english and mean northern) with some really really strange calls.

Paris wasn't really any different to Belgium, site in the middle of nowhere, air wasn't sufficient to provide to the small amount of teams, resulted in a 3 hour wait. Reffing was ludicrous (once again apart from the UK Refs who, despite their best efforts, weren't able to fix the issues - got to be said they seemed like the only ones who gave a ****)

At the end of it all, I could understand why it was half the price of Millenniums, but I resented spending the money that I did on it. It did not seem to me, value for money. It's cheaper, but it's still not cheap. It's £600 per event really, which considering the standards of the CPPS, just doesn't weigh up.

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Great explanation, sounds like something to skip given that the CPPS is closer and less costly. Shame though, those venues on the surface sound like pretty cool places.

Looks like Mills it is, I enjoy the vendor aspect of events, and quality reffing is always nice.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Great explanation, sounds like something to skip given that the CPPS is closer and less costly. Shame though, those venues on the surface sound like pretty cool places.

Looks like Mills it is, I enjoy the vendor aspect of events, and quality reffing is always nice.
Obviously the mills is more expensive, but it was my opinion - and that's what this is - that I would rather pay the extra £100 for the mills and have the actual experience thank skimp and have the CPS half package.

I'd like to think I can make an informed decision after playing SPL in both.

Reactions: Spikerz