Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

creatine

telow teabag

1stwave.piczo.com
Jul 18, 2007
preston (nw)
yeah agree but it aint a blokes thing is it ;) he should do aqua arobics aswell:D:D
Now you mention it, I did try aqua arobics a couple of weeks ago. Didn't like it though because it wasn't very fun and I didn't feel as though I was doing much excersise (after an hour I was just not tired at all).

snap-shooter, thanks for your advice I will try your fitness plan for a month see how it goes.

As for the supplements - I think I won't bother as I don't want to be TOO big as this will not help in pb.

Thanks to everyone for there sugestions.

Silky

-Relentless-
Aug 31, 2004
This is the creatine im looking at:
http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=358

but this whey protein powder also looks good as its less than 120 cals per serving but with 24g. protein:
http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=353
im not gonna go into wether you should or shouldnt use these as the can of worms is open and everyones an expert.
here is my offering, if u require it i use protien and creatine from http://www.myprotein.co.uk/ read the reviews on the site and make your own decisions.
ive been using thier products for 10 months now coupled with a 5 day a week training plan and ive seen the gains.
its good quality stuff and very well priced, cuts out lal the expensive packaging to cut costs

TimDC

Fatbob's Fusion
Sep 7, 2007
Loughborough and York
Turning fat into muscle is impossible.
Very true though i believe no one has said this so far... only tuning weight to muscle... and that was done in a short space of time... weight is not the same a fat ;)

Some of the best forms of exercise all use your own body, as one guy has said, sit-ups, press-ups, pull-ups are very good ways of improving upper body strength and tone... especially when you're still growing. There are also various ways of increasing the resistance for these things in order to make them harder.

eg raising your feet when doing pressups... (putting them on a step/side of bed etc...)

Make sure you eat healthily ... and if you're doing lots of exercise this does mean eat more ;).. and always eat a good breakfast :D

Tim

jim

Jul 31, 2001
Visit site
My personnel opinion mate i would put weight on by eating allot of crap and then turn it into muscle by hitting the weights. I dont think any of that stuff you can take does you any good at any age. But that is my view every one to there own.
If he put on weight by eating alot of crap it would be fat.
If you have the money to spend on supplements, don't, spend it on extra paint or reballs to become the best player you can, then once you're reached that level then you can maybe think about how you can increase your game.
There are people that train hard with weight that get on very well in paintball, Frank from Menace (i think it's Frank) and Nicky Vegas spring to mind.
As for hurting joints, paintball can be brutal on those also.

gus545

Aug 1, 2007
Creatine is good in moderation there are two phases you start of on a build up phase then go onto a normal phase which you keep up with.

I did have complications on creatine though
1) Up and down through the night peeing like a rachorse......
2) If you stop it you loose the bulk just as fast as you build it. You bulk up quicker but you loose it really fast as well.

And on a sideline a friend of mine ended up in hospital he never stopped the buildup phase and ended up with bloodpressure through the roof. So if you are going to take then be sensible.
I agree with what most people say n that is whilst you are young use your own body weight pressups situps and pullups are the best thing for you.....Oh N sprint training will do you the world of good as well...... But generally at your age you should be fit enough

Hish008

UTSU Paintball Clown
May 2, 2007
M'bro
heres a few websties where you can learn the truth mate as theres been about 3 people who've spoke any sense on this thread so far, and theres far too much to explain in one response about the effects and the different types of creatine.
All ill say is try not to use monohydrate and go for Ethyl Ester, mianly due to there being little or no loading phase and less other side effects if any than monohydrate.
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/creatine/creatine-ethyl-ester-hcl/
Do a search on the muscletalk forums mate and you'll find plenty of TRUTHFUL information on it, admittedly the majoirty of its users are steroid monsters, but theresa few lads on it like me who enter natural competitions that'll be happy to help.

www.muscletalk.co.uk

www.myprotein.co.uk

Skeet

Platinum Member
Just do it with one hand as your on the computer or watching TV.
I think you will find that is the norm for many 15 year old boys...many older boys too:D

Whoever suggested "eating" loads of crap and then burning it all off, should keep his "opinion" to himself.
We don't need to encourage youngsters to eat ****e...mainly because it will make him fat, but wont give him the energy to burn it all off and "turn it into muscle". Getting fat is never a good thing, period.

As has been stated, you seem to be doing plenty. When I was 15, I was pretty dumpy and chunky, but now I am pretty much 6ft and nicely built. Your young, many young guys get fat as they are growing up...it's normal mate.

Colin suggested Pilates...very good, as are Tai Chi etc...it was suggested that it isn't really a "guys thing"....neither is Ballet dancing, but my mate was a Ballet dancer. He got absolutely ripped for it, all through school...but at 18 years old, in pubs etc after doing it for 10 years...he was very well cut, and could kick you in the teeth without spilling his pint...immensely strong...think end scene of Billy Elliot.

The most important muscles are the "Core", which is your Abdominal, Lat's etc. If you get those right, you will have what they call "core strength", not to mention a wicked 6 or 8 pack if your lucky.
You can use a Swiss ball, and work off that. Do your dumbell work, bi and tricep curls etc, while sitting on one, so your abdominal will be working to keep you upright. Big ball about 2 foot across, get it in Argos etc.

Contrary to common misconceptions, the "Abs" is actually one slab of muscle, not several...the 6 pack etc, is actually sinew, that increases definition, when the muscle it crosses, increases in size.

If you want to be fit, then explosive power combined with speed, is far more useful, than simply being big.

Look at Bruce Lee...weighed about as much as an empty crisp packet, but he looked the part and apparently, he could handle himself a bit:D