Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Credit crunch

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
I agree with you, but do you not think it's time for the UK to find a more reliable export? I recognise that no physical item needs to be exported, but there are many more stable things to sell.
That is the thing, what else have we to offer??

We haven't got a car/bike industy or to think of it any real industry compared with what we had historically..

we haven't got the labour force compared with Asia and if we had, they would't work for what they do in China or Asia.

We have too small a land mass to produce farm goods profitably.

We have very little natural resources apart from northern sea oil until it runs out.

We have the banking sector which underpins our economy by the revenues = taxes, it pays, so unless a UK Bill Gates wanna be comes along, we better hope it recovers quickly!

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
I agree with you, but do you not think it's time for the UK to find a more reliable export? I recognise that no physical item needs to be exported, but there are many more stable things to sell.
I agree with PreacherMan, our biggest commodity or manufactured export in 2007 was oil GBP-22bn. The last figure I have for banking exports is 2004, were the total was export of GBP-21bn. I would take an educated guess that due to declining oil prices (and despite the current banking crisis), banking exports exceed all other commodities / manufacturing.

Unless we can think up something as good as banking or oil, we might be fcuked. Looks like invading Iraq wasn't such a bad idea after all ;)

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
Well, we could do something about the Export of our talent...

Ali G is in the US now. David Beckham, Daniel Craig, Julia Walters, Ricky Gervais, Orlando Bloom, Kiera Knightly, that bloke from Chancer, the tasty Bionic Woman chick from Eastenders, and god knows how many other talented Brits. These people should have to send half of their earnings back to the UK, providing valuable tax relief for the rest of you. They will obviously havre to get their yankee paymasters to give them a rise so that this can be facilitated. We would be reasonable - obviously Posh spice would not have to donate, as technically she has no actual 'talent', but wherever 'talent' is being exported something should be done about it. Brits are the most talented race in the world, and at the moment are giving it away for nothing. Something has to be done.

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
Oh yeah, and Hugh fxcking Laurie too. That twxt has almost forgotten he's English, he should be taxed 75% because he actually might as well be an American.
Come to think of it, Jason Statham is also in that boat, but can be spared the 75% tax because his yank accent is so bad no-one actually realises he's doing it...

I think I'm on to something here. Let them find their own talent, or pay us the going rate for ours. We can't help it that the English naturally produce better humans than the Americans. It's due to thousands of years of extra breeding and refinement.

ReservoirFrog

Mr. Green
Nov 1, 2008
NW
Recession proof industries:

1. Certain aspects of show business
2. War
3. The Mafia

Adjust your CVs accordingly ;)

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
Got another one.

Crisps.

The UK make the best crisps in the world. Do they export any? Do they fxck.
You can't get Worcester sauce Flavoured french fries, Monster Munch, Walkers, S&V Chip Sticks, Skips, Disco's, even Frazzles, anywhere! The yanks love them, trust me, but the Brits are not making them available.
Of course shipping would be an issue, and therefore you would need to set up Crisp manufacturing plants over there, but the fact remains that this would be a british firm doing well on foreign soil.
Same could be said for Vimto & Lilt. Why are we letting the yanks have all the fun with their Coca-Cola crap when 2 of the best fizzy-pop drinks in the world are made in the UK, and they are the best kept secrets in soda!!!

Don't even get me started on Meat Pies, Balti's, proper chippies, English Mustard, Branston Pickle and HP sauce. The UK has amazing creative food resources but unfortunately does not understand that the yanks want to consume them. These resources are totally reproduceable and just need organised distribution.

PG Tips - why the fxck are these guys not out in the states banging the drum, when US tea totally tastes like piss?

Marmite - if there are enough people that love Marmite in the UK for them to be a successful company, surely there must be enough americans that can stomach the stuff for them to earn a mint. Get off your fat arses Marmite, and go be ambassadors for UK food-stuffs (let the other guys go in first though, in case you manage to put the yanks off before the rest get there...)

Jaffa cakes and Mr Kipling Pies - Have you any idea how much of this shxt the fat yanks will consume?

Beer - If the Irish can get Guiness into pretty much every bar in the US, and the frogs can get Stella right next to it, why the fxck can't you get a decent pint of English lager?

No exports? You're having a fxcking laugh!!

I swear, give me 6 months in charge and I will take care of all this stuff. Vote for Missy!

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Think about it though...America sneezed, and Britain caught a cold...

I'm afraid the situation for the US economy is far worse than a cold.Needing hundereds of billion dollars in financial rescue packages for industry and banking to prevent total collapse.

Unemployment is forecasted to rise by 700,000 by the end of this year.

UK unemployment likely to rise by 700,000 by end of 2009 - Capital Economics .

http://www.lse.co.uk/UKMoneyNews.asp?ArticleCode=pzpg50vnpgziy0s&ArticleHeadline=uk_unemployment_likely_to_rise_by_700000_by_end_of_2009_-_capital_economics

Which doesnt improve our situation here.

The recession (our economy has been shrinking for almost a year now) termed by our state media as "the credit crunch" (heaven forbid someone say recession) is a result of a major meltdown in the global banking systems in so much as the global financial mechanisms have ceased to function.A sort of cascade of adverse events is taking place throughout the global markets and banking systems.

There are many analysts that beleive that the UK is not far away from a situation like Iceland which has undergone massive financial crisis resulting in pretty much everyone in Iceland losing all of their savings and the Icelandic Krona being hyperinflated and worth sweet FA.

Now the IMF (America) is offering them a lifeline in.....US $ very good for the Federal reserve (a consortium of private banking corporations)

We'll have one on the way soon.lol:)

For those of you who are interested in some analysis from outside the UK state media (which so far has massively underplayed how much trouble the UK is in, they dont want to panic the punters so they all try and withdraw they're money from the UK banks and put it somewher else,remember Northern Rock? imagine that on a national scale,scary,especially for the fat cats who own this island and pretty much everything on it.)

Public Debt Crisis in the United Kingdom

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=11204

Britain, A Big Version of Iceland?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=11207

The bailouts,most economists agree are going to be largely ineffective in the medium to long term and amount to nothing more than a humungous transfer of public money (yes its us that have to pay the national debt everyone)into private hands really.Which should be disturbing to anyone.Especially if you live in the US

Fed Defies Transparency Aim in Refusal to Disclose

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aatlky_cH.tY&refer=worldwide

For instance our government approved a £50 billion bailout for high street banks to try and kick start the housing market.

U.K. banks get unprecedented government bailout

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/topics/story.html?id=868219

Nice one Gordon (the man who will go down in history as the bloke who stole £7 billion from our pension funds and then blamed the people who advised him not to,and not fogetting the time when he sold 50% of the UK's gold reserves just before the price DOUBLED see-http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/media/2009/01/daily-telegraph-gordon-browns-decision-to-sell-half-of-the-uks-gold-reserves-cost-uk-5billion.html)

thanks for that mate,top drawer suff.

NEWSFLASH

The UK housing market is currently losing over £1 billion pounds A DAY.

British homes losing one billion pounds per day.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/propertyNews/idUKHIL15494620080611

50 days of grace for the bankers?

You gotta be kidding me?

Thats like trying to stop a warehouse fire by pissing in the corner.

Well,if it makes headlines and to try and win votes then i guess that'l work.

We are all being played again.As usual.

Our national debt is increasing at such a rate that by 2011 our debt payments will amount to 160% of our GDP in the UK.

At the end of the day,if you see the country as the green on the map,the populous,we're pretty much gonna feel the burn from this for a good few years,and then our children will paying it all back.

If you see the country as the people who OWN the country(mostly transglobal corporations),it'l be business as usual.Robust corporations make more long term profits during recessions than they do during
any other time.

We as a nation are very much in the deep (Gordon) brown and smelly.

Here comes the euro!!

Look on the bright side At the end of the day,if they can afford to play paintball in Poland and Romania then we'll be alright..the paint will be a hell of a lot cheaper too:)

Yikes.

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
Got another one.

Crisps.

The UK make the best crisps in the world. Do they export any? Do they fxck.
You can't get Worcester sauce Flavoured french fries, Monster Munch, Walkers, S&V Chip Sticks, Skips, Disco's, even Frazzles, anywhere! The yanks love them, trust me, but the Brits are not making them available.
Of course shipping would be an issue, and therefore you would need to set up Crisp manufacturing plants over there, but the fact remains that this would be a british firm doing well on foreign soil.
Same could be said for Vimto & Lilt. Why are we letting the yanks have all the fun with their Coca-Cola crap when 2 of the best fizzy-pop drinks in the world are made in the UK, and they are the best kept secrets in soda!!!

Don't even get me started on Meat Pies, Balti's, proper chippies, English Mustard, Branston Pickle and HP sauce. The UK has amazing creative food resources but unfortunately does not understand that the yanks want to consume them. These resources are totally reproduceable and just need organised distribution.

PG Tips - why the fxck are these guys not out in the states banging the drum, when US tea totally tastes like piss?

Marmite - if there are enough people that love Marmite in the UK for them to be a successful company, surely there must be enough americans that can stomach the stuff for them to earn a mint. Get off your fat arses Marmite, and go be ambassadors for UK food-stuffs (let the other guys go in first though, in case you manage to put the yanks off before the rest get there...)

Jaffa cakes and Mr Kipling Pies - Have you any idea how much of this shxt the fat yanks will consume?

Beer - If the Irish can get Guiness into pretty much every bar in the US, and the frogs can get Stella right next to it, why the fxck can't you get a decent pint of English lager?

No exports? You're having a fxcking laugh!!

I swear, give me 6 months in charge and I will take care of all this stuff. Vote for Missy!
Dont forget Cadburys chcocolate! when i went over to the states a few years back i found one devastating truth.......

American chocolate sucks!

Might be onto something there..hmmmmmm