Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cutting vlocity feedneck

Friswell_69

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2006
blackburn
right i want to cut down the feed neck on my vlocity so it sits better but i was just curious what the best amount of neck to cut off so it still sees the balls properly

and also any tips for doing it or is it just a case of hacking it off with a saw ?

cheers

O

ollytheosteo

The Vlocity has two sets of eyes, one central to the ball stack and the other offset to one side so it reads movement in the stack rather than just looking for a gap. The official word from Viewloader is that cutting the feedneck is fine with no critical length and having cut both of mine down it's caused no problems at all. You can do it with a hacksaw and bench vice, try a turn of tape around the feedneck to give you a cutting guide, but for best results I use a rotary pipe cutter. If you have one or can beg or borrow one from a plumbing-savvy mate then just use that, only tightening it a touch at a time and letting the blade do the work so you don't stress the plastic too much. With either method you can then use a fine file to clean the edges up and you're good to go:)

G

Gassy

Pipe cutters as Olly says are the easiest way and give you a straight cut.

If you know a plumber or corgi gas fitter both should have a set.

O

ollytheosteo

I have a pipe cutter in my toolbox and it only takes a min so if anyone wants their feedneck cut at the next Masters come and find me with gun and hopper. And pie:)

O

ollytheosteo

April 27th at Ancaster, I shall be there with large toolbox:)

G

Gassy

Give them the pipe cutters and laugh for a couple of mins before you show them what to do Olly;)