Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DAM advice

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
I am nearly 99.9% positive that I am going to buy an FS reg, however I'm not sure on the shims I should buy with it.

From reading a lot of forum chat I'm looking at the sweet spot for a DAM being 500 to 550psi, but it looks like I can only get one with an output pressure of 550-575psi.

With that said if I can get one with less what would be the best option 500-525 or 525-550?

I don't want to go too low as I don't want it to cause problems, especially as I'm also planning on adding the O ring mod to the breach that someone mentioned on the DAM FB page the other day.

If any has any reasoning why I shouldn't please let me know as I am open to all suggestion's on how I can run my DAM more efficiently.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
It makes absolutely no difference in the real world. The only reason to use a low pressure reg is if your hpr on the gun needs a lower input pressure to function correctly. The dam can regulate down the 800 psi output tanks just fine.

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
I was hoping that using a lower psi reg would help with my air, I have a 4.5k tank but none of the venues I use put more than 3k in your tank.

So a reg that helps me use less air, without a performance loss has to be a bonus.

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
Thats very confusing, as after installing my TechT bolt I noticed a difference in how my DAM operates.

So was hoping the same would happen with a regulator, I think a rethink is on the cards

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Yep. Read up on how regulators actually function and what they do and all will become clear. Unfortunately a markers efficiency is pretty much set from factory. You could spend hundreds on aftermarket this and that and get barely a pod extra. If you want more shots a bigger bottle really is the most effective option.

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
At least I have that bit covered as I'm running a 1.5l Dye UL, I was just hoping I guess.....but it does mean I can use that money on the bounce vest,knee and arm pads I'm after....oh and a lens and a fan for my mask :ROFLMAO: