Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Damaged goods

flashash

Aug 4, 2009
Please advise,
I received an ego11 bought from here yesterday. All was good with the ego but the case has been dented quite badly, I asked the seller about the condition of the box before e sent it and he said it had a few blemishes, so the damage has been caused in transit which s no surprise as it had no protection, just put inside a black bin bag and taped up.here are some pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ftyg6n7o6lb6l50/gdks9C_CrV
So I feel like I have sh1t out because it will surely affect the resale value now. What would others do? Would I be right to ask for a refund and send it back? Obviously if I do that it will be via PayPal.
Thanks

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
I wouldnt bother too much about it, as the case doesnt really affect a big portion of the re-sale value, if you really wanted to you could buy a new case for it, but at the end of the day thats what a case is designed to do ;)

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I wouldnt bother too much about it, as the case doesnt really affect a big portion of the re-sale value, if you really wanted to you could buy a new case for it, but at the end of the day thats what a case is designed to do ;)
Its just a tin case. If the marker turned up damaged, thats when id worry... X
Valid points, but I'd disagree. The buyer has an expectation that this case will arrive as pictured. I would expect the seller to recognise this and offer a discount which may allow the box replacement. Buying a replacement box is often possible, but PE don't keep them indefinitely

Discuss with the seller and see if you can agree a compromise / compensation. You still retain the right to raise an issue with Paypal, but be prompt as you only have a limited window to raise a grievance

Reactions: PBWill

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'd be inclined to agree with both the above. You've paid for something which hasn't arrived as expected, equally the main purchase was fine which is the most important thing.

I'd say the seller should offer you a small refund after contacting the delivery company to see where he stands as it has obviously been damaged in transit.

If he can claim off them, all the better.

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
He does have all the right! if he wants to then by all means he should, as its false advertising, or maybe he should take it up with the royal mail instead? all dpeneds on where the damage was done!