Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dangers of firing marker whilst connected to dive tank?

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
Hi guys,
I just wanted to know if there is any risk of damage etc. of firing a marker whilst the fill nipple of the bottle is still connected to a dive tank?

I'm looking at long term fixed-position use, so the marker won't be moving much at all whilst connected like this.

Cheers,
Morrolan

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Not a good idea, your best bet is to get the fill rig connector fitted to a length of "suitable" flexible pipe. This way the movement won't damamge the connection.

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
Why? Because I'm making a wirelessly controlled, camera operated paintball turret with mounting points for 4 Etek's, and I'm looking for a better way to keep the air up than constantly walking 100m to the turret to fill it, to then walk 100m back to the control station to fire it again.

I'm also interested in ideas for force-feed systems so that I don't have to keep refilling the hoppers as well!

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
Why? Because I'm making a wirelessly controlled, camera operated paintball turret with mounting points for 4 Etek's, and I'm looking for a better way to keep the air up than constantly walking 100m to the turret to fill it, to then walk 100m back to the control station to fire it again.

I'm also interested in ideas for force-feed systems so that I don't have to keep refilling the hoppers as well!
speak to Oily on here, he's a absolute genius with these sort of things.

-james

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff

Have a chat to hpac, they can make you up a manifold with flexible leads to connect your four markers up to a dive tank.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Sounds interesting - I'm sure you could pull together a decent force feed system using warp feeds + a big bucket o' balls. :)

Bucket with bottom cut out - 4 suicide-shelled Halos (or similar loader which splits horizontally) epoxied together to form the bottom of the bucket. If you need to push the paint vertically, add 4 warp feeds to that setup.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire

cooooooooool. sorry. misread the 1st post. cool idea. do you have a working turret already or is this from scratch?