Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dark Sports 50Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDog20

Oct 22, 2010
Hi Guy's and Girls,

Just to say I went down to a site the other week based down in sussex for a full day of action packed paintalling and it was AWSOME.

The site was running 50 cal using G.I Milsim FM 50's that worked really well and I have to say considering I have played at loads of sites that use your normal .68cal paint, I was amazed out how well the 50cal works.
We were using Dark sports .50 cal paint and have to say it's the best paint Ive ever played with.
It flies better than the .68 in my opinion and you can still feel the hit without the mass of bruises that you normally get after day's play.

I play lots of scenario games with my Tippmann X7 Phenom but after playing with the 50cal and Dark Sports 50 cal paint im going to change to 50 cal for good it's so much better!!!

Reactions: gambo47

ses_paintball

Jan 13, 2009
Basildon Essex
I was under the impression that 50 cal didn't get near the same sort of distance as 68 at 300fps.
I've also heard that that paint is a mixed bunch atm either to fragile or too hard.

Errol

May 21, 2008
Hi Guy's and Girls,

Just to say I went down to a site the other week based down in sussex for a full day of action packed paintalling and it was AWSOME.

The site was running 50 cal using G.I Milsim FM 50's that worked really well and I have to say considering I have played at loads of sites that use your normal .68cal paint, I was amazed out how well the 50cal works.
We were using Dark sports .50 cal paint and have to say it's the best paint Ive ever played with.
It flies better than the .68 in my opinion and you can still feel the hit without the mass of bruises that you normally get after day's play.

I play lots of scenario games with my Tippmann X7 Phenom but after playing with the 50cal and Dark Sports 50 cal paint im going to change to 50 cal for good it's so much better!!!
Sounds like a great advert for .50 Cal ;)
I think ill wait to see it perform in main stream before i make my decision

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Sounds like a great advert for .50 Cal ;)
I think ill wait to see it perform in main stream before i make my decision
What about Joy shooting it at Paris? ;) :D

Paint was spot on there. Just as brittle as the 0.68 Dark Sports Event and also the Celtic.

Errol

May 21, 2008
still one team out the rest of the world and did they all use it all through the tourney, i buy allot of paint each week and have had the sales pich put to me i still not convinced.
i have spoken to some of the paint producers any they aren't convinced either.

GDog20

Oct 22, 2010
You cant knock it till you've tried it!!
I bought myself a GI Nano this weekend and a box of Dark Sports .50cal rec and desided to have a measure out to compare it to my .68 and I reckon it flies just as far and a bit more accurate. It was relativley windy this weekend and the wind didnt seem to effect the .50 as much as the .68.
My girlfriend wont play paintball cause it hurts to much but she didnt cry half as much when she got shot with the .50cal!!!!:)

I was at the Paris event and dont reckon Dark Sports could be that bad, SK Moscow came 1st in the CPL and the ALL Russians Moscow Came 2nd in the SPL!!
When you look at the results Dark Sports finished on the podium in every division that weekend!

This is no advert for the paint but I like to see new companies getting out there and giving us an option. I choose Dark Sports!!!:D

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
My girlfriend wont play paintball cause it hurts to much but she didnt cry half as much when she got shot with the .50cal!!!!:)
Blimey, did you give her a few seconds start, is she still your girlfriend? ;)

Having been told some bad stuff at the docs recently and sold my gear I could be taking it back up again..so here is the dilemma an ego with conversion kit or a .50 cal gun?

GDog20

Oct 22, 2010
I gave her at least 10 seconds head start, Fair I thought!!!;)

You know I've not tried a convertion kit as I was told that you get more shot's to a gas fill using the purpose built .50cal. I can get well over a 1000 out of my gorilla gas bottle!!
I reckon the convertion kit is a good idea though if you like your current marker!!:D

ses_paintball

Jan 13, 2009
Basildon Essex
A 50 cal team vs a 68 cal team would be at a disadvantage off the break. 50 cal doesn't have the same range as 68 where as if you have your front players using 50 and back players using 68 would work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.