Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"de-airing" a shocker

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
I am looking at getting a Shocker turbo next weekend, but it is currently running on an Armageddon Air system. This unfortunately will be of no use to me as we do not have air here. Has the Shocker (2000 model) got a built in low pressure reg? Obviously I want to convert it back to CO2, but do nt want to have to spend a bucket load on bits. Has anyone else had to do this?

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hi dude

i take it form your post that currently you have 2 regs on the shocker, ( the arm and the maxi flow). Whats the out put from the arm reg if its about 800psi then it running at co2 pressure any way so then you should be able to just drop the arm reg and air and run co2 through the maxi-flow with out any problems.

I would have a maxiflow spares kit (o-rings etc) to hand just in case they need swapping, other than that i would unscrew the maxi flow cap a bit so that you dont over pressurise the solinoids. tThen once the co2 has been turned on and the gun gassed up, increase the pressure to you have the required FPS.

cheers

Bruce:D

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Short answer is no
You will need a Max-Flo sprung for 3000psi together with the threaded back to take a screw in tank and anti syphon tube fitted to you tank, oh and an on/off tap fitted to the tank. Ring Smart Parts for the costings.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
I have a shocker here on co2, it has also been on air. All you need to do is change the seals, get an ASA with quick disconnect, which will go to the max-flo, just make sure it is a vert max-flo.

OR, you could buy mine ;)

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
Well....

Thanks lads, you have given me (and my very drunken mind) some things to think about, I get more details about the marker this weekend, and I am going to have a look at it next saturday. Now I know what to be on the lookout for, I stand a good chance of not having to have to spend a wad of cash getting it working on co2.

Cheers