The Home Of European Paintball

Deadly warning!

vmaxnick

Not in the face!
Apr 8, 2008
West Country
www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
Christ on a bike!
I have heard of some unscrupulous toe rags in my time, but what I witnessed tonight takes the biscuit!

One of our lads turned up to fill a fiber wrap Angel 4500psi bottle he had just bought on fleabay for £50. Luckily, his fill rig was locked away with mine, meaning he had to see me first to get his rig.
I noticed his reg didn't look as if it was sitting right in his bottle and decided to investigate further. First problem I found was a CO2 burst disc had been cross threaded into the reg body in place of the 1800psi disc. I explained to him that the damage to the reg body meant a new reg was required and he agreed for me to remove it to examine the bottle threads. What I discovered frankly terrified me. The reg had been hammered into the bottle! :eek:
I kid you not, we are not talking cross threaded, it was hammered in with such force that it had slightly bent the neck of the reg!!!!! :eek::eek:

The bottle was well within test date and our lad could have legitimately filled it at any site.
The potential for disaster was enormous!

Please, please, if you have a reg or bottle with damaged threads, throw it away! Don't try to pass the loss on to someone else, it could very well kill them or someone playing near them. It's just not worth it! :mad:
If you've bought a second hand bottle which your suspicious of, send it off to Hpac and have it checked. It's not worth losing life and limb over.

Our lad will be posting up photo's and details later of the bottles vendor so that you will all know who to avoid!

I am so angry about this, I just find it hard to believe that someone involved in paintballing could be so greedy that they would jepordise someones life for £50 :confused:

cwkotw

Aug 30, 2004
Visit site
has he contacted the seller and ebay to make a complaint? i'm sure that ebay might want to know that this seller is selling a time bomb.
also contact pay pal for his money back.
this is why i wont buy second hand bottles

vmaxnick

Not in the face!
Apr 8, 2008
West Country
www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
bottle

has he contacted the seller and ebay to make a complaint? i'm sure that ebay might want to know that this seller is selling a time bomb.
also contact pay pal for his money back.
this is why i wont buy second hand bottles
I sent him off with a long list of people to contact about it, including Trading standards.
Jeez, I really am so angry about this, I find it hard to believe that anyone could be so irresponsible!
I would just love to lock the seller in a concrete room, connect his damn bottle to a 4.5k rig, open the valve a little then close the door behind me! :cool:

Lambert

IF UR NOT FAST UR LAST
May 5, 2007
Newcastle upon tyne
:eek::eek::eek: that makes me sick that some one would do something like that knowing fine well that it could Kill.
If it had the seller would of been done for Manslaughter!!!!

keep us posted on what happens