Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dear Millennium organisers:

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
so...why not throw the whole freakin 5 man, 7 man, 10 man stuff over board and play ONLY X-BALL WORLDWIDE???? and maybe vary it like 5 man X-BALL ( teams will have at least 10 players i'd say) and for the smaller teams maybe a 3-man X-BALL( teams about 6 players or so)? i mean for real, the format seems to be great and most german players i know want to play it ( i did not actually ask all of them :rolleyes: but as far as i've ever talked to somebody about x-ball they were mad for it). this format is the next step for paintball, im 110% sure! so why not get rid of the old CTF-format like we got rid of woodland tourneys?

Mason

Cookie Monster
Originally posted by kidzero
so...why not throw the whole freakin 5 man, 7 man, 10 man stuff over board and play ONLY X-BALL WORLDWIDE???? and maybe vary it like 5 man X-BALL ( teams will have at least 10 players i'd say) and for the smaller teams maybe a 3-man X-BALL( teams about 6 players or so)? i mean for real, the format seems to be great and most german players i know want to play it ( i did not actually ask all of them :rolleyes: but as far as i've ever talked to somebody about x-ball they were mad for it). this format is the next step for paintball, im 110% sure! so why not get rid of the old CTF-format like we got rid of woodland tourneys?
But there still are Woodland tourneys. A lot of people go to them, and still play big games in the woods.

If the organisers said, "okay, let's just do x-ball." and then teams came, played, and didn't like it, then they wouldn't play again. They would find a smaller league still doing 5, 7, or 10-man and play that instead, and the organisers of x-ball only gigs would lose money.

At least that's how I see it.

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
well, ok. in germany that stuff became veeeery rare(and my point of view at big-games is: the less camo-crazy-weekend rambos we have, the better). but stuff still exists, and people find opportunitys to have their way in paintball. so if the way we got rid of woodland tourneys (like: they are there but not dominating), we could do the same thing with CTF(make the X-Ball format the usual one, and have some CTF (and for god in camo's sake some woodie-goodies*ggg*) tourneys going on).
how about that?
at least, i think, x-ball should be open for all the teams that want to do it, and then the euro-XBALL could be the so called " premier-league" of it all. i mean in football the 1st league teams do not play a totally different kind of game, its still the same kind of football the 2nd division plays, right? so, why should us AM-players wait another couple of years until we might step up to play X-Ball and then have to learn the game all over again? makes no sense to me at all...

Mason

Cookie Monster
practice

That would also mean that practice site would have to have an x-ball field. You could practice the format, but as you know, ctf in speedball is a lot different than ctf sup'air.

So the only time that you could actually play proper x-ball (unless you have mega bucks) is at a tourney. It doesn't bode well from improving your game.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
well, ok. in germany that stuff became veeeery rare(and my point of view at big-games is: the less camo-crazy-weekend rambos we have, the better). but stuff still exists, and people find opportunitys to have their way in paintball. so if the way we got rid of woodland tourneys (like: they are there but not dominating), we could do the same thing with CTF(make the X-Ball format the usual one, and have some CTF (and for god in camo's sake some woodie-goodies*ggg*) tourneys going on).
how about that?
at least, i think, x-ball should be open for all the teams that want to do it, and then the euro-XBALL could be the so called " premier-league" of it all. i mean in football the 1st league teams do not play a totally different kind of game, its still the same kind of football the 2nd division plays, right? so, why should us AM-players wait another couple of years until we might step up to play X-Ball and then have to learn the game all over again? makes no sense to me at all...
One problem. X-ball tournaments don't make any money. The format is designed to attract TV and outside sponsors. That's the only reason it exists. So, if everything went over to X-ball, the promoters would go bust on the first tourny, and never be seen again. ie no tournament paintball.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by rancid
One problem. X-ball tournaments don't make any money. The format is designed to attract TV and outside sponsors. That's the only reason it exists. So, if everything went over to X-ball, the promoters would go bust on the first tourny, and never be seen again. ie no tournament paintball.
:rolleyes: yey then we can all go back to rec days in the woods :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Paul
:)

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
errrr...why can promoters take entry fees for usual tourneys but not for x-ball? and who says x-ball fields GOT to have black and red bunkers and a huge X in the middle? you have a 5 or 7 man sup-air field? cut it down a bit and play it!

rancid

Mother, is that you?
errrr...why can promoters take entry fees for usual tourneys but not for x-ball? and who says x-ball fields GOT to have black and red bunkers and a huge X in the middle? you have a 5 or 7 man sup-air field? cut it down a bit and play it!
Hey mate, I ain't no expert, but you can't get as many teams in an x-ball tourny cos of the format (length of game etc).. which means you either don't take as much money, OR the teams have to pay significant amounts to play - hence all the arguments about investment and the long dollar.

Perhaps if you look at the x-ball site, or go back and read all the posts referring to it on this site (particularly those where the promoters say they couldn't do it cos they'd lose money) you may get a feel for the problem.
:)