The Home Of European Paintball

Death at a UK paintball Centre?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Just checked:

Google News
BBC News
Sky News

The only thing I could find that seemed at least slightly relevant was that their has been an accident at Alton Towers and many are hurt, and that the young lad who shot his mate with an air rifle has been in court. If something has happened it hasn't been formally reported yet.

Unfortunate as this initial report is, we need to be seen to continue promoting paintball as a 'safe' sport to ensure it doesnt get the wrong kind of press.

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
whatever happened the site will more than likely get hammered by the health and safety people.
may have a knock on affect on other sites?

Paintball-TV-Online

UK Paintball News
Dec 23, 2006
Brighton
www.paintballtv.co.uk
This is just what paintballing needs :rolleyes:
This is not a Paintball releated Death, This is a failure to comply with Health and Saftey Regulations that has resulted in a man being hurt or killed (Neither confirmed) whiles playing a sport

The fact that the sport happened to be paintballing just bad luck... Not something we should be worried about as far as the publics view of the sport is concerned

Either way , Very upsetting news and I wish his/her family my regards

Paintball-TV-Online

UK Paintball News
Dec 23, 2006
Brighton
www.paintballtv.co.uk
Zip, I must say I was wrong by saying it does not effect our sport actually , Your right, Health and Safty inspectors will come down on Sites like a ton of bricks if this is more paintball related rather then site related.

My sympothy goes out also to whoever the site owner is who will obviously be having a very hard time also ...

Who needs the news to spin the story when within a few posts you guys have already written the headlines.

I imgaine that it has barely touched the local news, since you guys have found nothing so far, and it would be a story that has very little legs unless something seriously wrong at a deeper level has occured.

I would suggest we wait for the story to be confirmed and the full facts to be available before we worry about how this may (or probably may not) affect our sport.

It is a tragedy that deserves a little more care and attention before people pass judgement.