The Home Of European Paintball

Decent starter marker?!?!

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by fuxup
dont you think that perhaps they should chose there own marker after all im happy with a tippman but i dont plug it where as you obviously like cockers but what bout them???? After all you aint shooting there marker and nor am i .... ITS a bit like cars i drive a renault an the other half drives a nissan but neither of us tries to convince the other as to what car he/she should drive ITS ALL DOWN TO PREFERENCE and if you like blah blah marker then use IT
at last a tippy owner who understands,we don't "flame" markers here we only try to advise others into buying a marker that suites them(rhino take note;) )

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Why buy new ? ,more bangs for your bucks 2nd hand.Check out the classifieds on this forum ,also Ebay.
Don't forget to haggle.:D

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I wouldn't exactly class cockers as 'simple' - good guns tho.

Have a look for a second-hand Automag. They're built to last, easy to understand and work on and are still more than a match for cheap electros - plus you can always upgrade with a ReTro valve in the future.

The-Baron

Really Old School
Sep 17, 2002
Im like Polyfilla I fill cracks
Automag

Buy a second hand automag
its cheap
easy to fix
reliable
fast (12 + BPS)
loads of them about
seen as a bit old hat now adays so plenty of fully tricked one going cheap
I sold on e with P stock custom internals front reg and a Govnair for 200 quid cos i was skint

Ask around

Robbo:D

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Sound advice - picked up a sceond hand automag at a tourney: ex- team spare, tricked out, seen little use, well looked after, very cheap.

Not "fashionable" per se (although I think it looks very nice), but who gives a stuff when it rips out strings of paint and refuses to chop, break, jam or misfire despite what I do to it? Plus you have a very good level of tech support, both at AGD and the web forums, and most of the new parts produced today can be retro fitted to upgrade it. :D

Ultimately, decide on your budget, and check out as many markers as you can in that range. Bring some paint and most people will be happy for you to fire off a few if you ask. Then you'll find one you really like and you can get on a soapbox on the forums telling new members why they should get one too! :)