Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Decisions.. Etha or Axe

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Kinda tempted to get another marker, but know idea what to go for.
I've currently got an EGO11-S and Empire Sniper, so I was looking at the Axe or Etha.

Etha sounds tempting with the EMC kit... so I can potentially turn it into a milsim-kinda marker.

Axe sounds tempting as it is meant to be cracking!

Or should I just stick with what I have got?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'm biased as an Axe owner, but have only got nice things to say about it. Had mine almost 2 years and it's been faultless. Performs beautifully, very easy to maintain (single button push to remove valve, lube o-rings, replace - I've not yet replaced a single o-ring) and I personally love the size and layout. Build quality is good, although the quality of the materials and anodising finish isn't on a par with top-end markers like the Ego.

I've had a brief play with an Etha and impressions were that it was of a similar build quality to the Axe, decent ergonomics but didn't shoot as smoothly. Not personally a fan of the EMC kit as I don't see the point of additional bulk on cosmetic grounds, plus it adds about a billion nooks and crannies that will be a nightmare to clean after a game.

After-sales support should be excellent whichever way you go. It's a nice dilemma to have :)

Last edited:

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Hmmmm you've got a point about the Etha. The MRT bolt that came out seems to have made it smoother...

I really liked my Mini - which is why I thought about the Axe. Even more so that last week I ordered an Ansgear low rise feedneck for an Axe I don't own, nor not sure if I will own ;)

Deffo right about cleaning will be a pain on the EMC kit...

Hmmmmmm

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Never Shot the Axe so cannot say anything other than what i've seen and heard but they look like a awesome marker.
But i have shot the Etha and for the Price you get a lot, not to mention it's also nearly indestructable!
Not sure if you threw a Axe into about 5 inches of running water it would still work afterwards.

Anyways, either Way you will have ANOTHER great marker. (y)

Cough Gun Whore Cough :whistle: