Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Decisions.. Etha or Axe

dose

Jan 29, 2012
The only problem after you try the Axe will be when you realise this:

"Why did I spent so much in my f**** ego 11 when the Axe shoots better?!?!":)

just kidding... the ego 11 is the first ego I really like!

Reactions: Sanchez

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Think you need to figure out what you want it for?

If its an Ego replacement then it sounds like the Axe cuts it pretty good.

If its somthing different that you can pull out with the EMC kit fitted and bolt a few extra bit on it then its obviously gotta be the Etha.

I always played tournament but recently I've done a few more rec and scenario days. Last one was Diamond wars where I took along my 12 year old lad who had never played before. I had a geo 3 and Ledz kindly leant him the Etha all kitted up. I have honestly never seen a gun get so much attention!

I swapped for a few games and was pretty impressed for the time I had it. Not quite as smooth as a geo, but then again it's a third the cost!

Plus even at a scenario day, good old Planet where there with a tech booth just incase there where any problems.

So I say buy what type of gun you want. If you want an Ego level gun the Axe seems pretty well thought of by the replays here. But if you do want an awesome cheap gun you can bolt stuff to, and yet still enjoy shooting it, I'd go Etha cos I've a feeling my Lads gonna be after one for crimbo :D

fintan harding

Jun 11, 2012
etha plus hundred pound saving so you could get a bottle or a hopper on here or just kepp the money

fintan harding

Jun 11, 2012
oh right you could save the money i dont know but dont listen to me as i have always been big on eclipse guns so i would be biased towards them

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
Etha=entry level/beginner level gun
Axe=mid/high end tournament marker
But Latham said it best. It depends what you wanna do with it. If you wanna turn heads, go with an Etha and make a huge adjustment thing to it. scopes and whatever you want. If you want a good, dependable, tournament ready marker, go with an axe

Reactions: LATHAM

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Well guys, you are gonna freak.

Went to the store... had a fiddle with both. Axe deffo feels nicer in the hands - trigger better too. Even with the Etha's price drop to £270, it didn't tempt me.
I ended up thinking "what am I doing?" and just bought a box of paint and put it through the Ego11 to break it in more. And of the day, fired 2500+ shots through her today (dry fire too) to try an bed her in more. Almost 4 cases through her now and she is starting to feel better. Even the 7 month old Draxxus paint I bought cheap was pretty darn good. Snap shooting, bang on on the targets. So was the streams of paint.
I *think* I am just going to keep the EGO11 and focus on breaking her in more and tuning her better for consistency.

Thanks guys for all your help, and I am sorry the advice you gave never lead to a purchase :(

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
no worries pal! if i had EGO11 money, i'd have an EGO11. I had an axe and loved it for the price it's worth. I see you've got the Dart Kit too. Break her in. She'll be a beauty