Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Delete the .50 cal forum?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
We're gonna be opening up a new section for our site covering big games, rec and scenario .. we got a guy called Jason Lineberger lined up to write big game reports and provide all the pics the events he attends.
He's an extremely accomplished writer who goes to the vast majority of the big games over in the US and he wanted to extend his work to as many people as he could .. I thought it would be rude not to accommodate him.

He's written over 100 articles for APG and is one of paintball's most respected writers and I'm really pleased to have him as part of p8ntballer.com's stable of writers ... he's gonna be emailing me a few more details in a few days time and I'll post up all the info as and when ..

All we need now is for someone who can write and maybe even take pics of domestic events over here who wishes to get on the fame train and contribute for p8nt ... if anybody fancies the job, email me on robbo@p8ntballer.com

Times are a changin' ... I'd be stoopid to ignore what's happening out there and I'm quite looking forward to where this all takes us even though I got no frkkin idea where that is :)

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Robbo why not get in touch with Timboy,he,s part of the super6 event organisers and also the organiser of call of duty 3
he may do it or know somebody good enough to do it:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I keep meaning to bell him to have a chat about things and I'm pretty sure the subject matter will come up ... I tell ya what Bisk .. message me on Tuesday to remind me and I'll make sure i call him ... thanks for the heads up anyway mate.

Reactions: Biscuit

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Gadget of course your welcome to your opinion, however biased against .50 cal it has been in the past, but .50 Cal is something that is growing. I agree that the uptake among regular tournament players is slower than expected; with rental sites however the story is different. In Italy especially at present where our distributor is seeing 4 new fields a week opening on average the majority of these sites are Sup-Air and also .50 cal. Apparently they prefer sup-air as it as it takes away the "war games" element of our sport and .50 cal due to costs.

In the UK some rental sites are using .50 cal to allow younger children to play that their usual insurance allowed for .68. In Holland there is also one team I know that is using 50 cal in their domestic series.

I have always said, when questioned, that I believe the .50 cal take up among tournament players will be based upon the rental site volume demand driving up the price of .68 cal. I maintain that statement.

I agree there hasn’t been many posts recently, my posts have generally been about answering others questions and seeking the truth behind some of the complainants. You'll remember the sites using tournament paint one probably? I'll take a look at what we can do to increase the posting here.

So I don't agree with deleting it and yes I am biased in favour of .50 cal, but not just because I work for GI Milsim & GI Sportz. I am in favour as potentially it could mean more cost effective paintball and players coming into the sport earlier.

However Pete's right to not ignore the scenario market - we already have a scenario forum that could be updated a bit for the big game stuff. If we start moving things too much people might get lost :) If space is needed though then perhaps the .50 cal forum could be put in under the general forums.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I created this 50 Cal forum for several reasons, the first and most important in my eyes is to try and help re-invigorate the market-place, secondly, Richmond and Spike are friends of mine and I know the forum will help them out and so I'm not gonna delete this forum unless they want me to for whatever reason.

I certainly don't think leaving it here will do any harm anyway ......

Reactions: NSKlad

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Spike - I've no bias against .50 cal, other that wanting to cut through the tonne of hype that surrounded it initially. Thankfully that seems to have died down and I think the limitations of .50 are widely accepted now. I fully support the use of .50 as a rental product if it encourages more people to participate, but there appeared to be next to zero interest on the forum, hence the suggestion to scrub it. I understand and respect Pete's reasons for keeping it though if it's of benefit to you in your business, which I wish you all the best with mate. :)

Reactions: Spike