Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Delrin bolts

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
It depends how bad the scratching is -- if it's just the anodizing wearing off then no harm is done. Remember the fingertip is one of the most sensitive tools available -- does it feel scratched, or is it smooth?

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Does your metal bolt have o-rings on it? If it does, then it might not make any difference if you buy a delrin bolt with o-rings on that too. The Belsales delrin comes with o-rings that you can just take off if the fit is a bit tight.

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Make sure your not getting any dirt/sand in there Joe, since dirt+Oil=very bad looking brech! since it will rub away like sanpaper over the course of the day :eek:.

Which is only a bad thing! :p

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
I think most people will be using delrin bolts now, since lighter bolt/fast cycling speed=High ROF etc

You can get them for almost all types of markers now, unsure who does them for syders though, apart from the two I guess you've named :)

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Joe Bob, I like the Eclipse Dart- it is pretty light and it has a hole through it for adjusting the lug (not that that will come in handy very often, but it's cool). It comes with a delrin pin, which it like because I have seen e-cockers with metal pins chew up the back block over time. I also like the Freeflow Nylatron. It is slightly lighter than the Dart. The Freeflow is venturi face, the Dart is open. The Freeflow has an open airchannel whether the bolt is right side up, sideways, or upside down. The Dart only works rightside up. I am using the Dart currently. It seems to have less suface in contact with the receiver body- I am still not decided on how much difference this will make, but it feels smoother, moving it manually.

I am not as big a fan of Shocktech, Chipley or Orracle bolts. They are fine, in terms of workmanship, but they contain aluminum in the bolt, which adds significantly to weight. This will slow down cycling, precluding extremely high rates of fire that would otherwise be achievable with an eBlade or Race frame. The other benefit, which means more to mechanical cocker users, is that less LPR pressure is required to move a lighter reciprocating mass. Half the beauty of Delrin is the weight reduction.

Sorry so wordy. That's my story and I am sticking to it.