Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

different boards in different markers.

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
i know the titles confusing but couldn't think of a shorter one that made sense.

basically i remember reading somewhere that any gun board would work in any other gun, because all the board does is open and close the solenoid.

is this true. i mainly wanna know out of curiosity but it may have some practical use at some point.

thanks
Nick

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
yeah, but i mean like, if i put an angel board in an ego, would it work? is the idea of opening and closing the solenoid exactly the same for all boards for all markers? and as such can any marker use any board?

(i know there are differences in size and maybe even connectors, but past that)

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
you also have to account for the different solenoids used....i dare say the logic on the board is the same....open/close, but the information has to be compatible with the noid aswell

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
The real answer is... depends. Many guns will be able to use boards from other guns, assuming you can get the bits to fit together considering the connectors are different, and you can get the trigger switch to fit the trigger in the gun. But there are things that will trip you up - some things require a different solenoid voltage, or the solenoid to be driven a different way; some eyes are breakbeam while some are reflective; and things like cockers have 2 solenoids instead of 1 and a completely different firing cycle.

The real answer is... depends. Many guns will be able to use boards from other guns, assuming you can get the bits to fit together considering the connectors are different, and you can get the trigger switch to fit the trigger in the gun. But there are things that will trip you up - some things require a different solenoid voltage, or the solenoid to be driven a different way; some eyes are breakbeam while some are reflective; and things like cockers have 2 solenoids instead of 1 and a completely different firing cycle.
What he said!:)