Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

diffrence between slg09 and the pmr09

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Mask and bottle are entry level basics, which are useable but could be better - but the price is excellent! And the gun and hopper especially are spot on.

lewy20004

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
ashford kent
Mask and bottle are entry level basics, which are useable but could be better - but the price is excellent! And the gun and hopper especially are spot on.
i did get a quote fro bz paintball for a slg ul09, rotor hopper,dye throttle 4500 68cu basic goggles for £390.
is it worth spending the extra 100s for the pmr

just added it up singly and it work out to be £580 ish.

maybe i could try and ask for a deal lol..

thanks for the reply

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Dude, best advice I could give you...

Call lips (01707325007) and tell them what you want. Don't just buy what there packs say on the internet, by all means use them as a starting point, but also look through the rest of the website, get down to a local walk on day and ask to try someones mask on if you like the look of it. One persons already suggested a mask - But do you know that that mask will fit your face? are you a skinny bugger where every mask but events or grillz are going to drown your face? or are you a bigger bloke like me where events seem to be a bit restricting and you prefer the larger profile goggles so you can breath comfy? Try before you buy, then when you've found something you like call lips or a similar company and ask if they can do a get out and play package with a few alterations, the price may increase but you'll get what you want. not have to settle for some goggles your going to be replacing in 2 game days time.

Think about it, what your buying now, especially if your buying new, should last you until the new shinys are out for '10 or longer. Really look around, don't settle dude.

lewy20004

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
ashford kent
Dude, best advice I could give you...

Call lips (01707325007) and tell them what you want. Don't just buy what there packs say on the internet, by all means use them as a starting point, but also look through the rest of the website, get down to a local walk on day and ask to try someones mask on if you like the look of it. One persons already suggested a mask - But do you know that that mask will fit your face? are you a skinny bugger where every mask but events or grillz are going to drown your face? or are you a bigger bloke like me where events seem to be a bit restricting and you prefer the larger profile goggles so you can breath comfy? Try before you buy, then when you've found something you like call lips or a similar company and ask if they can do a get out and play package with a few alterations, the price may increase but you'll get what you want. not have to settle for some goggles your going to be replacing in 2 game days time.

Think about it, what your buying now, especially if your buying new, should last you until the new shinys are out for '10 or longer. Really look around, don't settle dude.

spot on thanks thats what i'm going to do i'm going to ring round 2morro for maker,tank,hopper rest once tried a few.

i think i'm going for the pmr09

DannyVeti

Feb 22, 2009
yeh i would go with the PMR, ever thought about an invert mini? they are great I use one and you can get them off here for £150.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
ok had both

ive had the 09 slg and the 09 pmr they are two totaly different markers the slg feels like a toy the pmr like a tool

pmr better barrel
ul frame (alloy)
clamp feed
eyes up display
air on off
better bolt

slg
one peice barrel
plastic frame (your bottle will soon come loose on this and the key that holds it in will spin)
no clamp feed you need allan key(pain in the ass)
no on off with the air (again pain in the ass)
the bolt is half carbon and half alloy mine sheared inside 1500 balls (impressed)

for me the slg is a no maker and the pmr is a go marker not one fault with mine and still hasnt had one with its new owner i went dm9

as for buying get one out of the second hand section there is loads of deals inside your budget £500 will go a fair way

lewy20004

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
ashford kent
Hi thanks for all your info today i brought.

A PMR09 (CAMO)
DYE ROTOR (WHITE)
DYE THROTTLE TANK 4500
JUST AN EL MASK (CAMO)
2000 BALLS
POTS ETC

for £510 so happy with that.

just got to wait til 2morro then it can be set up

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009

A PMR09 (CAMO)
DYE ROTOR (WHITE)
DYE THROTTLE TANK 4500
JUST AN EL MASK (CAMO)
2000 BALLS
POTS ETC

Congrats :)

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
well done

A PMR09 (CAMO)
DYE ROTOR (WHITE)
DYE THROTTLE TANK 4500
JUST AN EL MASK (CAMO)
2000 BALLS
POTS ETC

very nice set up and a bargin