Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
final version will have lots more content,

many guns,
many kits
can buy upgrades from the pro shop on each map for guns etc
lots more maps.

server issue is down to that the mod has only been out for two days now.

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
-

is anyone else having the problem where they cant actually see the paint balls in flight? or has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?

Nick

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
the paint is at current pretty hard to see,

this will be fixed when the next version of the game is out.

as ive said the alpha version is pretty buggy and needs to have more work done to it, but thats why it needs all the support it can get from as many people as possible.

Jonny

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
been playing on it, there's only one server atm, and its pretty laggy with 150 ping.

the game play is pretty poor, and there is only one marker, i know its only a Alpha release, but i expected more than what there is

-james
this is a pretty bold statement, this is an ALPHA realease of a mod, games alpha builds arnt usually even released, this is just to give the communtiy a taster.

Sorry it dissapointed you so

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
well they have had along time to do it, they have had the source engine to work with, all they really have had to do is some physics scripts, skins, and maps.. my brother had made a source Mod for his Uni course, four of them made a source mod in about 4 months.

its a bold statement,but i did say it was a alpha release, therefore they have time to improve

-james

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
-

Jontain i understand it's an alpha version,

you seem to know a lot about it, you couldn't give any tips on how to make paint more visible and as a result make it more playable?

atm all you see is ware the paint lands, this makes it absolutely impossible to hit anything.

i know its an alpha version, but people are going to play this, think "hey this is a demo, this is what the real games going to be like" and not bother with any further versions.

i don't mind about bugs, i just want to make it playable. so please any help would be great

thanks
Nick

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
Im afraid the visibity of the paintballs is somthing that requires rescripting the balls, which is quite a long part of the programming, atm you can see the balls but its pretty damn hard, and bloom effects dont help.

my point is that although they have the source engine doesnt make it a matter of skinning and mapping. They have completly re worked the "bullet" physics for a paintball, re modeled obsticals and worked on the guns. They need more help and this alpha version will hoepfully pull someone into helping.

I only know so much as ive been patently been watching and waiting for this kind of progress, and as for saying it will only take four months to make a mod, this is true, if you dont have a job, work and or school too. These guys are doing this as a hobby, not a job. So progress wont be fast without the interest.

Jonny

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
-

yeah , i understand the time element, i was a huge fan of digital paintball for hl1.
i have also been following ( every so often) the progress of this one and it seems they have had some real problems actually getting a team of people together to make the mod.

as i know nothing at all about programing let alone in source, the next to things i say may be sensible or stupid ( probably the latter). firstly, do you think there is any chance that you or another fan will create a a script which enables the balls to be visible. secondly, is it not possible for them just to take the stuff from DP1, in regards to the bullet to paintball physics?

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
The problem with taking things from dp1 into this game is the massive change in the physics engine. The source engine is vastly more complicated than the orginal half life engine. As far as im aware Kuja (development leader) had the balls script and program all written out but somthing went wrong in that script meaning they are going to need to rewrite it almost from ground up.

Im afraid i dont know much more about i than that.

P.s. Thats good to hear sabot

Jonny