Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

disability's

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
Ultra scans are like 90% accurate now and my opinion is valid i dont care what you think as my Mother Had A Baby which had a 92% chance of down syndrome but why would she put a child through it when shes gone she was 43 at the time
It's not putting a child through it. It's about having love and care for a Human being that does not follow the so say norm. I have a daughter who is turning 4 and is being tested for development delay, now that does not show on any ultrasound scan but it means that I don't love her any less and she is leading a happy and healthy life.

Once last thing wait until you have kids and there is something wrong with one of them. See how much you'll change your opinion.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
back on topic.......

i am a secondary teacher (sorry - someone has to try and educate you bunch of reprobates...) and the authority i work in do their damnedest to try and ensure that kids DON'T have a record of needs (RONs) - they'll not admit it, but they do.

i have had to teach kids from all levels of ability and with various "mental" problems. the fact that the council avoid RONs means that there are a lot of kids in our school that would benefit hugely from being in a special school/behaviour unit.

i teach one kid who is a compulsive liar and thief, has absolutely no moral compass and no social skills. yet he has no RON. why? damn good question..... in this case his parents don't want him to have one. so he has to be taught with mainstream provision.

last year i taught a girl with severe mental development problems. the class was me, her and her support assistant. i teach science/chemistry. what i had to do with this girl was teach her basic thinking skills before we could even contemplate science. now i mean basic. we started with sequencing - big to small - using various models. the girl was nominally in S4 (15/16 year old) - but she struggled with this stuff - and my 3 year old son manages it. did she have a RON? yes - but only covering two of her real needs.... why? because if they needed to cover any more she would have required a place at the special ed. needs school in the next town - and there were no places. was this a sensible use of teaching staff? no. it is not an area i am skilled in - i am not sure i was doing her 100% justice in what we were trying to achieve. on top of that i could have had a full size class on my timetable instead of just one kid.

should children with these problems be punted into a special school. no - not as a matter of course. but they should have the opportunity to attend if it is their best interest and/or the interest of the other pupils and staff in the school they would otherwise attend.

there are far too many pupils put into "mainstream" education that really shouldn't be their. for many of them it isn't fair to try and put them through it - the schools themselves are not the best places to provide for their complex needs.

Steeeeeeve

Jun 26, 2009
Hmmm reading through this i can give some first hand experience into the mix, i might be new but know what im talking about on this topic.

I have a very common minor disability, dyslexia however the form i have is a little bit odd and very difficult to really understand without seeing things from my eyes so allow me to try and explain. First i would like to state i dont think im at at disadvantage and dyslexia is no excuse for any shortfallings but i do think it needs to be recognised.

I can look at code and spot a missing ; from thousends of lines instantly and i can work equasions in my head without thinking HOWEVER i cannot tell you the months of the year in order, im unable to form my letters very well with a pen to the point i cannot read my own writing, my spelling punctuation and grammar unless i spend a long time like i am now are quite terrible and spending a long time gives me a major headache, written (typed) work i have to do in one go or it becomes fragmented, my 40000 word masters thesis consisted of me sleeping alternate nights only for a prolonged period of time.

Now i dont think any of these things affect me because i chose paths that highlighted my strengths and ignored my weeknesses however i will explain how the average school deals with even such a MINOR and i stress MINOR disability.

Junior school, couldnt identify a problem i was kept even at this age in at lunch time to be forced to hand write line after line to improve my handwritten skills, result? NONE apart from missing social interaction, the same with learning months and days of the week in infants school.

Senior school, refused to achknowlege dyslexia and put me in "special" classes for everything despite my IQ and test results when done electronically being within the top 5% of the entire school, teachers told me i should look at low end jobs and my work placement was basically "photocopy" boy as assigned by the school. Result? i was bullied including the absolute extreme of being stabbed outside of school gates, i lacked social skills and my grades at GCSE despite my level of intellect were VERY poor. TWO teachers were actually investigated after refusing to allow me to hand work in that had been done on a PC claiming i could not possibly have done the work as my written work didnt compare.

6th form, finally someone diagnosed and paid for my dyslexia testing, advised what help i could have and explained options to me (my 6th form was the first year the school had ever had so only 30 people very good 1 to 1 teaching if a bit experimental). Result? i refused extra time in exams because my reading ability is fine but i accepted use of a computer, my grades were on average two - three higher than my GCSE's and my social skills finally developed as i was no longer treated different by teachers students followed suit.

I have now completed a BSC in programming (2:2) and an MSC in networking and data communications with a commendation.

If i had listened to the schools i was in up to the age of 16 i would be on benefits right now thinking im worthless with no social skills and a stick up my a**, i proved them all wrong but it has been a hard path, i have stab wound scars and infact a metal plate L shaped with 4 screws in my skull (i wont go into details) in large part due to social skills i lacked from a young age.

Now i dont think people should have to go into a special school but i do however think the average school needs to educate staff better into disabilities because if something as common and MINOR as dyslexia can result in those things i really HATE to imagine what a real disability would result in.

I learnt to cope anyone can with almost any disability but sometimes all it needs is a little guidance or understanding from just a few people nothing hand fed but just explanations.

Just my opinion i do hope i have avoided offending anyone.

Steve

kent_Massive

Banned
Jun 4, 2009
Soo Sad You were so bately dropped on your head when you were a child no wonder everyone i talk to says stay of this forums As there some people Who are kind and there to help and then alot of dicks like you

No point replying because I Wont be on this **** again

G

Gassy

Soo Sad You were so bately dropped on your head when you were a child no wonder everyone i talk to says stay of this forums As there some people Who are kind and there to help and then alot of dicks like you

No point replying because I Wont be on this **** again
Your wish is granted.

You won't be missed.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hmmm reading through this i can give some first hand experience into the mix, i might be new but know what im talking about on this topic.

I have a very common minor disability, dyslexia however the form i have is a little bit odd and very difficult to really understand without seeing things from my eyes so allow me to try and explain. First i would like to state i dont think im at at disadvantage and dyslexia is no excuse for any shortfallings but i do think it needs to be recognised.

I can look at code and spot a missing ; from thousends of lines instantly and i can work equasions in my head without thinking HOWEVER i cannot tell you the months of the year in order, im unable to form my letters very well with a pen to the point i cannot read my own writing, my spelling punctuation and grammar unless i spend a long time like i am now are quite terrible and spending a long time gives me a major headache, written (typed) work i have to do in one go or it becomes fragmented, my 40000 word masters thesis consisted of me sleeping alternate nights only for a prolonged period of time.

Now i dont think any of these things affect me because i chose paths that highlighted my strengths and ignored my weeknesses however i will explain how the average school deals with even such a MINOR and i stress MINOR disability.

Junior school, couldnt identify a problem i was kept even at this age in at lunch time to be forced to hand write line after line to improve my handwritten skills, result? NONE apart from missing social interaction, the same with learning months and days of the week in infants school.

Senior school, refused to achknowlege dyslexia and put me in "special" classes for everything despite my IQ and test results when done electronically being within the top 5% of the entire school, teachers told me i should look at low end jobs and my work placement was basically "photocopy" boy as assigned by the school. Result? i was bullied including the absolute extreme of being stabbed outside of school gates, i lacked social skills and my grades at GCSE despite my level of intellect were VERY poor. TWO teachers were actually investigated after refusing to allow me to hand work in that had been done on a PC claiming i could not possibly have done the work as my written work didnt compare.

6th form, finally someone diagnosed and paid for my dyslexia testing, advised what help i could have and explained options to me (my 6th form was the first year the school had ever had so only 30 people very good 1 to 1 teaching if a bit experimental). Result? i refused extra time in exams because my reading ability is fine but i accepted use of a computer, my grades were on average two - three higher than my GCSE's and my social skills finally developed as i was no longer treated different by teachers students followed suit.

I have now completed a BSC in programming (2:2) and an MSC in networking and data communications with a commendation.

If i had listened to the schools i was in up to the age of 16 i would be on benefits right now thinking im worthless with no social skills and a stick up my a**, i proved them all wrong but it has been a hard path, i have stab wound scars and infact a metal plate L shaped with 4 screws in my skull (i wont go into details) in large part due to social skills i lacked from a young age.

Now i dont think people should have to go into a special school but i do however think the average school needs to educate staff better into disabilities because if something as common and MINOR as dyslexia can result in those things i really HATE to imagine what a real disability would result in.

I learnt to cope anyone can with almost any disability but sometimes all it needs is a little guidance or understanding from just a few people nothing hand fed but just explanations.

Steve
Steve,

I fail to see how you post could have offended anybody. So no worries mate.

I would also like to thank you for telling us about your dyslexia. Unfortunately we get some people on here now and then that just can't be arsed to do some proper spelling and post everything up as a mix between gibberish and text speak. When confronted with their behavior, they usually claim to be dyslexic.

Too bad for them I, and the other mods, know that most, if not all dyslexic people take great effort when it comes to written messages, so the people mentioned earlier are just being lazy.

Your post has proven this point. Sure, there is the odd mistake, but your post is perfectly acceptable, even when held up to somewhat demanding standards.

Good job man!

PS I hope the above does not seem condescending. It is most certainly not meant that way.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
yes some should be put in those specialized schools and some should be put in ordinary schools.
back in junior school we had two kids with autism.
one of them i knew quite well but wasnt exactly a person that i would hang out with if ya get me...but we were mates. he was academically samrt in most subjects, eg maths, he is much better at maths than i am. but i dont know how to describe it but he couldnt judge for him self what is right or wrong (sorry i dont know how to explain it better). like some co*ks back in junior school used to say to him "oh go and ask that dinner lady over there for a pack of condoms" which he immediately did, and another example of this was he fell over once back in year 5 i think it was and he hurt his arse. so he pulled his trousers down and bent over showing the teacher his bare arse. another thing he did was when he was with a learning support teacher he used put his hand down her shirt and down her bra. im sorry about mentioning these things but im just trying to get my point across so this is what i mean by he doesnt know whats right and wrong. (once again sorry but i dont know how else to explain it).

the other lad was a bit worse than that but still he was academically smart but only in history. he knew history in side out!! but he too didnt know how to act properly like he used to pick his nose and wipe the snot in his hair and things like that. as well to add to that he used to constantly wet/crap him self. also back then if the weather was bad we wernt allowed out side so we used to play with lego :eek:..but he saw that on the lego bricks was written "made in germany" so he smashed up my helicopter which i spent a good hour building (i was only in year 5).. what ever was made in germany he used to smash up because of the whole hitler thing.
i tried to help him out and defend him as much i could, i even ended up in a couple of fights over it with other kids....but he used to get so much stick for not being like everyone else.

so imo people like them that i have mentioned have the full right to be in ordinary schools where they can learn and make friends. but those who are much much more dissabled should be in specialized schools.

my junior school was about 10 mins away from a specialized dissabled school. they used to visit our school every now and then and a few of us visited their school once. i was one of the few that went simply because i wanted to get out of school and to go see what it was like.
when we got there i was actually quite shocked by how dissabled some children were. some couldnt even stand up and support them selvs, drouled (spelling) everywhere and couldnt talk. people like him should be in those specialized schools where they would be better off. but one of the kids there was quite autistic but imo could have been in an ordinary school. he could walk and talk (ish) and he was a very friendly kid. so i was wondering why he wasnt in an ordinary school as he wansnt that dissabled but there may have been more to him than i thought.

i hope i havn't offended anyone

cheers

Steve
Id say your case is an advert for academic selection by IQ.

I wouldnt have put you in a school for disabilities. Id put you in a school for people with high IQ. (grammar school)
After that the rest would have all fallen into place.

There were kids in my school who had real social problems.

But in my area it was the local comprehensive where the stabbings happened.