Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Disgusted of Camden writes:

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
I have a suspiscion.....

...That if you pointed Hubble at the moon, you'd burn out the optics. It was designed to see planets orbiting stars a long way away (i.e. not very bright ones) and so if you pointed it at a "close", "bright" (as in it's large and reflects a lot of sunlight) the optics would fry.

Mind you, you'd also have a sod of a time focussing it on something that close as well and the field of veiw would be very small too.

On the other hand, you could just say that the yanks did land on the moon and that all the people that say otherwise are last paranoid from taking too many drugs all through the sixties, seventies and eighties.

Wookie

(Hurrah for modern drugs! 50% less paranoia than previously!)

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
I want to point out firstly,

Jackass and all that, yes it has a disclaimer, yes they may not be normal but kids watch this and ARE influenced, I have worked in schools and colleges and have seen it. They are stupid cause they are easily led (not all but some)

Jackass have done other paintball things other than the rolling stones cover shoot and have worn masks, BUT they did western shoot out with P8ntballs. The 2 in the shoot out wore masks but bystanders didn't and they were using (old crap) spyders (i think) and a stray ball could have gone any way but straight.

The card board Samurai vs p8nt marker was however very funny.

Saftey first stupidity second please.

As for the moon...........I will dig out the "proof" it was a hoax,

Not sure about all the modern ones though

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Mr. Licker,

You have some very nice and far fetched ideas. Which were quite funny to read, however you have no proof to back up anything that you have said. Therefore they are nothing but hot air:p

Sorry buddy

As for Jackass, come on people danger is the nature of the show. If you don't like it then don't watch it. I think you'll find getting shot with a cross-bow, and falling off a bike and both be just as dangerous:D :)

I'm Johnny Knoxville and your watching Jackass:D

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Ho-Hum... lesson in astro-physics approaching

Cosmic Radiation is nowhere near as heavy as you seem to think Tortoise-Licker. If it was that high neither the Van-Allen Belt, nor a few kilometres of atmosphere, would prevent us all becoming crispy critters down here. Satellites wouldn't work either if there was that much ionising radiation out there (although they do go a bit funny during the more severe Solar-Storms/Flares)

Hubble cannot be pointed at the moon because as Wookie pointed out the optics couldn't survive that much light. That's the reason it's fitted with those big shutters at the front.

Nb. If NASA had faked it then the Russians (who sent several lunar orbiters and robot landers to the moon themselves) would have noticed and pointed it out to everybody at the time. Can you imagine them not taking such a great opportunity during the hight of the Cold War?

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Tom

Originally posted by Simon Malone
Be honest with yourself, how can the internet be classed as solid evidance:confused:

If I made a homepage about how George W was actually a dumbass would you believe it:confused: Sorry bad example:D :)
Hey Simon mate! You don't need to convince us - we're already there!! :D

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Buddha dude, Syd will kill you unless

ya say it right ...'Look at the boys 's HEEEEEEEEEEEED'.

Gota luv Mike Myers...

peace