Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

div2 differences to millenium format?

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
i was just reading and disucssing the nspl dv2 race to 2 format and noticed it is completely different to how the millenium series will playit!

mills: no coaching and 2 mins turn around race to 2 points

nspl: coaching, round robin format so not xball at all?

wondering why this i when people will want to use it to practice for mills and xball!?

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I think you will be surprised how close the NSPL and Millennium ways of running the Race To 2 format will actually be.

The only major difference is likely to be the coaching, which is something the NSPL is allowing due to customer demand and neccessity for a smooth path of progression.

The Millennium already have 4 divisions where coaching is allowed - CPL, SPL, Div 1, and Div 2. So, in its progression path, coaching is not neccessarily the best choice for their Race To 2 division.

The NSPL has one coaching division - Division One. With the NSPLs progression path, coaching is the best choice for our Race to 2 Division...

The introduction of the Race to 2 format into the NSPL division structure provides a nice step between standard 5-Man play and the M7 Race to 4 format played in Div One. The jump up before the introduction of Race to 2 was massive. Now, we have improved the path of progression within the NSPLs divisions and allowing coaching in Division Two makes a lot of sense when you consider this progression path.

What works at International level does not neccessarily work at Domestic level. The NSPL always considers it annual developments and changes long and hard and I am certain we have come up with an excellent balance this season.

Teams have welcomed our plans for Division 2 this year and the first event is almost full already in this particular division, so that says a lot about the choices the league has made. :)

Oh, and Essx - nice to have the HPG crowd back involved. You can contact me via email and on the phone with any concerns you may have. I don't mind answering queries on forums, of course... if I see them in good time. For quick, personal responses and a more in depth conversation on queries, a phone call tends to be your best bet. ;)