Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dm12

luke_bond

Nov 12, 2013
Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire
Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice really, Im looking for a new marker and I've tried an lv1 and ego11 I don't like the poppets, I've had a geo2.1 and sold it I've shot a geo3 and liked it, I've shot an axe, had a mini liked those.

I've basically had a go with everything execpt a dm, I'm a spooly guy so the obvious choice is to try a DM,

A few people have said get a dm12 over an 11 or a NT11 and a reflex rail, I have no experience with dye markers always used PE so I'm a massive noob really

But I have no clue how much they go for, how they are to maintain, how effiecnt they are and basically how good they are, I've read all the reviews online watched the videos I'm just looking for information from people who have shot them first hand

Hopefully you can help

Thanks

Last edited:

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
I have a 2013 PGA reflex rail. I bought it second hand last year for £250 ish and it seemed to have only had a case or two shot through it as it was spotless. DMs will always cost more than the reflexes obviously but that doesn't mean the reflex is bad.

The reflex rail is easy as pie to maintain. The bolt assembly comes out as one. You only need one Allen key & it's great as I hate complex set ups due to my laziness.
They aren't too heavy and is nicely balanced when tank and hopper are in place.
Pretty efficient with the standard 68ci carbon tanks, I get about 9-10 full 160/180 pods out of a 3K fill. (I have a mix of pod sizes that's why I've noted that)
It keeps velocity to the number which is nice, really consistent over the chrono and doesn't deviate through the day like my tippman used to.
The board is easy to use and set, has a nice range of settings and the trigger has an array of adjustment options for long pull or hairpin pull and anywhere in between.
The reflex rail has all the kit a DM has apart from a couple of cosmetic differences, the macro line fittings and I think the DM has an extra board setting or two if I remember correctly. Oh and the cases come with a dye barrel sock etc. Just make sure which version of rail you are looking at though as there are a few levels of them and they all have different standards of set up as the basic rail has a more basic board, no on/off ASA, a steel braided line and a feedneck that requires tools to tighten.

Best thing to do is to pop to a shop to have a look at a few markers or try and grab someone at a walk on and ask if you can have a look/test fire with one and see what you think to it.

Hope that helps! Any questions just let me know. I have a feeling I might have just rambled a bit here but never mind :)

Reactions: luke_bond

movingcanvass

couldn't stay away!
Jan 8, 2009
nottingham
I have had an ego7, 9. And a dm8 and 9 and an nt11. Just bought a dm12 on here for 270 and it's by far the best and softest shooting marker I've owned. Big, yes, weighty almost, but when your playing you don't notice it at all

DarkOri3nt

Sep 18, 2012
If I could choose down to personal choice Id go with the DM everytime like @Pingu said the guns are very simple to maintain the older DM parts are starting to become a bit of a rarity now as im sporting a DM7 but Ive never had any major problems with it at all. The one down side I can think of is the Eye pipe that sits over the guns eyes for what it is its expensive to replace and they can break after a couple of years. Other than that orings are good and the gun performs on par with most others!