Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DM14 ASA Turning on problems

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Hello,

I got a DM14 and I physically cannot turn my ASA on with a bottle screwed in. The only way I can currently turn the ASA on is by unscrewing bottle until there is no pressure and then turn it on and screw bottle in.

Is this meant to be like this and if not, do you have a solution to fix this? Thanks

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Mine had the same issue, however I learned to deal with it,mi found if you try to force with a bottle attached you run the risk of snapping the pin.

I mean it doesn't really make to much difference by turning the ASA on then screwing the bottle in ? as long as you can still turn it off and disconnect the bottle without the pressure, it should be fine.

As for a solution to fix this..... Buy a Planet Eclipse marker.....

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
I had this issue on a Etek and a Geo and turns out it was the actually Pin in the reg not the asa.

Have you tried it with a different bottle? or when the bottle is empty might give you a idea if its the ASA or pin in bottle ?

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
I had this issue on a Etek and a Geo and turns out it was the actually Pin in the reg not the asa.

Have you tried it with a different bottle? or when the bottle is empty might give you a idea if its the ASA or pin in bottle ?
Tried it with a Dye Throttle bottle and GA Bottle and still same problem. :(.

Very annoying!

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Ok sounds like the ASA then lol

Im not to sure about Dye ones but can you take apart and see if anything is catching ??

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Ok sounds like the ASA then lol

Im not to sure about Dye ones but can you take apart and see if anything is catching ??
Well the ASA is absolutely fine with no air or if the bottle isn't completely screwed in it will turn on but without a far bit of force, but if the bottle is say 3/4 screwed in then there's is no way that you can turn the ASA on

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
its just a feature of the gun really. dye guns are great but probably the worst on/off asa out there. Every DM is a bit of a pain to get the air on, even more so if you've got paint on your hands or anything.