Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DM6 - Possible leak from Solenoid gasket

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
Hi all.

I replaced the back bumper and the front bumper O-rings on the bolt the other day. When I regassed I had a strong leak in the grip frame. Following a lot of trial and error - LPR lubing, ptfe taping the screw under the LPR, removing the noid and lubing around the gasket and the retaining screws - I have managed to reduce the leak to a tiny, almost inaudible hiss. But its still there!

Has anyone had experience of the noid leaking from the gasket. Is it possible that the gasket may need replacing if it has been 'squashed'?

Would appreciate thoughts.

Thanks.

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
Make sure there is no dirt around the gasket or in the "holes" between them.

If you have a spare gasket it may be worth putting it in and trying, but i know they are hard to come by as they arent in spares kits.
Did you take the gasket off, clean it, then lube it? Or did you just lube around it while it was still stuck on the solenoid?

One of the orings within the solenoid may be split or damaged, Have you taken the actual solenoid apart at all?

I had the same problem a while ago and ended up forking out £60 for a new solenoid which wasnt ideal. Did the same thing you did and got it down to that very slight hiss, but in the end the solenoid was damaged and needed replacing. Very irritating being the most expensive part on the gun lol. But the techies at dye re-oringd my gun and fixed it up all nice :)

Just dont overtighten the solenoid down and give it enough lube, hopefully itl fix it, but if not it may be a "post to dye" job :(

ravdude

Jan 25, 2009
Leicester uk
Hey i had exactly the same problem as you guys with a Dm7, ended up sending it off to dye because of a damaged solenoid. I relubed, changed the gasket, everything, but in the end it just needed a new one :(

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
Make sure there is no dirt around the gasket or in the "holes" between them.

If you have a spare gasket it may be worth putting it in and trying, but i know they are hard to come by as they arent in spares kits.
Did you take the gasket off, clean it, then lube it? Or did you just lube around it while it was still stuck on the solenoid?

One of the orings within the solenoid may be split or damaged, Have you taken the actual solenoid apart at all?

I had the same problem a while ago and ended up forking out £60 for a new solenoid which wasnt ideal. Did the same thing you did and got it down to that very slight hiss, but in the end the solenoid was damaged and needed replacing. Very irritating being the most expensive part on the gun lol. But the techies at dye re-oringd my gun and fixed it up all nice :)

Just dont overtighten the solenoid down and give it enough lube, hopefully itl fix it, but if not it may be a "post to dye" job :(
Thanks for the input. Don't have a spare gasket - may ask Dye about that. I did strip the noid completely and removed the gasket and lubed underneath. Didn't see any O-ring splits.