Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DM8....1st pic!

mdking

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2004
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
Its comfirmed there are no eye covers on the DM8 :)
From a mod on the matrix forums

"Now if the theory is correct about a removable module that has the detents in it, and there are internal eyes that will NEVER get paint in them, then theoretically there would be no need for eye covers. In that case we just need to bow down to the engineers at dye and call them the best in the world of paintball."

:D

Additional Information:

Height: 9 inches
Lenght: 8.5
Weight: 1.5 lbs

145 Psi Operating pressure
Smaller On/off
.688 Dye UL Barrel
Magnetic Detents
New Bumper design on the Fuse Bolt

New for 2008, the DM8 has a host of features, updates, and refinements. We have utilized our resources of professional players, designers, and engineers to come up with the best marker yet in the DM series. The DM8 continues the tradition of being one of the lightest, smallest, fastest and certainly the most accurate of paintball markers in the world. To improve on an already reliable design, the DM8 has no eyeplates. This is possible with the new internal patent-pending Eye Pipe anti-chop sensing system. This new design eliminates the need for eyeplates and allows us to reduce the width of the marker body, ultimately reducing the weight by 1.5oz. The new micro LPR has been reduced in size and now provides more efficient shot consistency. On top of this, we are introducing the all new Hyper3 regulator. The Hyper3 is now smaller, more consistent, and more precisely adjustable allowing you to set your pressure in finer increments. All of these innovations, coupled with new 3D body styling, standard features like the patent pending Ultralite frame and 2 piece barrel, give perfection a new meaning.

01 - Ultralite Barrel
02 - On/Off
03 - Hyper3™
04 - Low Pressure
05 - No Eyeplates
06 - UL Grip Frame
07 - Logo
08 - Legal Software
09 - Bearing Trigger
10 - Ultralite
11 - Ultralite Sticky3™
12 - LED Control
13 - Power Buttons
14 - Fuse™ Bolt
15 - Internal LPR
16 - Cam Feed Neck

http://www.dyeprecision.com/DM8/video.html

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
are the eyes wireless then?

i fail to see how they are connected if your able to pull out a tube.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
Apperntly there is a removable module that has the magnetic detents in.

Reading more into it, looks like they have made the tube in such a way that the eyes will never get paint on them, there for no need for eye covers!

Hats of to DYE R & D :)
i bet there is a way to get paint on them, give one to me for free for "testing" purposes and ill find a way

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
heeeebbeeschhhmeebbeeee hooba ma wotsit!!!

no eyes covers........got me all in a fluster........why you ask? just think of the storys

PBNATION_JERKOFF8:
I got a chop in my brand new 13137 aggtastic DM8, limited neon purple with skulls colour. but the self cleaning eye wasnt what i wanted so i decided to get a steel pipe cleaner to clean it which didnt do much but scratch it.

when that didnt work i took the dremel onto it and modded my own eye covers onto the hole's i made. it doesnt seem to work at all now. should i put it in the bath?

surely we can see the stories already?
give it a few weeks, it wont be too long before some idiot actually does this :rolleyes: ;)

no eye covers, that will be interesting to see.... well, no, it won't as there's nothing to see :rolleyes: :D

mdking

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2004
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
What the hell is wrong with having eye covers?

Is it really that big a deal to take away someone for pure looks and sacrifice quick access to such an important part of the marker?
Looks like they have found a way to get rid of the eye covers and have intgrated them into the eye pipe along with the magentic detents.

And they now have made the body thinner becasue of that.