Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DM9 or 09 Droid

gelt

Consultant
Jun 15, 2008
Littleport
As the title says I'm torn between the two. Prices are around the same but really not a factor. What is a factor is efficiency, sound signature and ease of maintenance. I have looked at just about every web site and have looked at a bunch of other websites. Now I'm looking for either personal experience of shooting these markers or general opinion. thanks

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
never shot the 09 driod but i have shot the dm9......its awsome....and EXTREMLY light, you wont be dissapointed with it!! but i still prefer my ego:p
but seriously the dm9 is a real real nice marker.

good luck makin your mind up lol:)

gelt

Consultant
Jun 15, 2008
Littleport
Thanks for input. Does the DM9 feel "soft" when it shoots? Ya I love my Vice and none of these markers can compare with the efficancy I get from my vice. But I want to get the wife into a electro shes been shoot cockers for ever. Ready to graduate to paint flinging. So that leads me to a new marker. I have shoot every poppet out there and love'em but just want a change. So a friend told me about the spool guns.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
yep....the dm9 sure does feel "soft" to shoot. aswell to add to that it was brand spankin new out of the box so with time it will be even softer:eek::cool:

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
same story as motorcross,

I shot the dm9 and i was swung. its my next marker. SUPER smooth super accurate, not only that but you will not have trouble getting it fixed if (IF) it does break, i'm not too sure what the droid backing in the uk is like, but i cant imagine its anywhere near as big as the matrix

gelt

Consultant
Jun 15, 2008
Littleport
Ya the re-sale value I never thought about, good call on that. I'm only in the UK for a few years so support really isn't an issue. Thanks for the words guys. I really need to shoot the DM9!! Probably decide right after I shoot it from the input on here.:)

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
I have always been a Dye man (still am, but have to shoot eclipse), and owned several Dye markers. But always felt let down when the winter/cold came around.. DM's do not like the cold (Watch the dye fan boys jump!) and I can guarantee it will rear its head when things start to get cold. Droids however do no suffer from this.

Other than that, shoot both and make a choice from their!. :)

Duncan Berry

London Tigers 2
May 27, 2008
Cambridge
as for cold i think as long as you adjust the LPR you should be fine. cant say i have ever had a problem in the cold with mine