Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dmw

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by QuackingPlums
Hmm, I dunno if this is a similar question or not then - when the whistle blows, is there anything in the rules that says you MUST break to a bunker? Can u leave one man in the deadzone and have him pick off anybody who tries to run for the flag (thinking the field is clear)?
Again, it usually depends on the tournament rules. NPPL, PSP and Mil say you have to leave the start box. I've played in smaller tourneys that allow you to play from the start box. Make sure you ask at the captains meeting before the event if you plan to do this.

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i heard about a few DMW's in vegas, a certain english pro back player turned round a 4on1 with a DMW, hangin the flag to their fuming rage.

and a different back player, from afore-mentioned team, used a DMW to walk casualy from back right to back left, and then back left to back right in one game.

cheeky beggers

Hp

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Originally posted by knobbs
I'd add a question to this--with dead boxes behind your own flag station, how does one go about 'walking toward what they want to bunker'? Or do you only pull a DMW when you are the last guy on the field, and let them come to you?
===
You can do anything your heart pleases...we had a teammate who delighted in pulling DMW's, even though we asked him not to...he thought it was amusing, all the yelling that happens afterwards but I had to deal with the irate team captain...at one tournament, I specifically asked about DMW and Bassman smiled and said "yes", then when the team was all up in my face later, Bassman asked "Were you at the team captain's meeting?" and at the "Yes" answer, he didn't say anything else except to tell the head ref that the DMW was allowed and smiled at me again, and walked away...our idiot (hi Ans) was on the 40, on the showtape, by himeself against two guys, the ref came in to check him, he told the ref what he was going to do and asked him not to say anything, and not to pull his armband (he's had refs automatically pull his armband, even AFTER he's told them what he's going to do), so our guy started cursing and stood up with his head, and gun down and walked twards the tape and proceeded to walk dejectedly PAST the two opponents TWARDS the other teams start station...when he got even with the other two, he didn't even turn his head, he just shot the two guys and of course he got lit up, and they jumped up and started yelling...that's where I came in to convince the ref to make the right decision while the game was in play...of course afterwards much "discussion" still happened :)
My point? If you act like you're dead, no-one cares what direction you're walking, if you're good at acting. This is why walk-on players think that older Tourney players are dicks, because tourney players old enough to be pissed off at DMW's will light up someone standing up in a heartbeat if their gun isn't up fast enough...and sometimes even if their gun is up. They're just playing safe and going with the "Shoot 'em all and let god sort them out" train of thought.
Also, I've seen someone, last person on their team going against about 5 guys, stand up after a check, and walk dejectedly to their Deadbox, and then stand in FRONT of it with their gun down...the elated other team grabs the flag as their High-Fiving each other and turn to run for their flag station and proceed to get very angry as the DMW player lifts his gun and lights up the backs of the the other team, grabs the flag and hangs it. Of course the other team also lit up the DMW guy, but of course they were dead and the hang was considered good...I hate DMW's...

Ray

Afroman

Its just like the throw in incidents in football when there is an injured player on the pitch the other team kicks the ball out of play, and so in exchange the other team give the ball back.
But that dont always happen
At the end of the day people will argue that if it is not stated in the rules then its allowed, and people wil ltry anything and everyting to win

Afro

Weakest Link

Little Deviant
Oct 21, 2002
Durham
www.dur.ac.uk
Originally posted by knobbs
I'd add a question to this--with dead boxes behind your own flag station, how does one go about 'walking toward what they want to bunker'? Or do you only pull a DMW when you are the last guy on the field, and let them come to you?
Its like NulodPBall said, as long as its convincing, you're half way there (I've never done one, but I would imagine that if you start walking towards the dead box, veeery slowly, with your gun up waiting for them, they might be a leeetle suspicious, whereas if you have your head down, scuffing the grass, they are less inclined to worry) If your deadbox is behind you just walk slower. It would only really work this way if you were the last person in (wouldn't it. Feel free to contradict me anybody).

Weakest Link

Little Deviant
Oct 21, 2002
Durham
www.dur.ac.uk
Originally posted by Weakest Link
(I've never done one, but I would imagine that if you start walking towards the dead box, veeery slowly, with your gun up waiting for them, they might be a leeetle suspicious
As I said, Ive never done one. Never in for that long! :rolleyes: And a chance of getting any love would be a fine thing, nevermind extra love! :rolleyes:

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
yeah its allowed. but the best time to pull it off is when its like 4 or 5 on 1. what you shlould do is just start to walk to the dead zone and then turn on them to shoot them out.

kyle