Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do MEN diet?

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
1. I have no problem with my weight because i'm under 25 and my metabolism is rampant (haha, i thought so too... wait till you hit 40)

If only! I'm not particually fat but hell, if my metabolism went faster than rabbit in spring you can bet I'd have a mini fridge in my room full of galaxy n Budwiser by now! :D :cool:

God forbid when I get older :(
katx

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
rofl ;)
You men probably won't appreciate this... it's a 'lady thing'! (Ah, that old chestnut i hear you cry!) But maybe you'll see this pattern in your other halves to a degree..

This is me when i'm NOT on a diet:
Mainly i drink water, 1:1 watered down fruit juice (no added sugar) or coffee with 1 sugar - about twice a day.
For a couple of weeks of the month i can quite happily 'forget' to eat - I eat breakfast - 1/2 a bowl of oat cereal, skimmed milk, no sugar. I get mildly hungry by about 1pm but then it passes by about 1.30. By about 6pm i start shaking and feeling a bit distant from everyone, but still don't feel hungry. If i'm going to the gym i force myself to have a protein shake or a mars bar at about 5pm so i have the energy to complete the class. At about 8-9pm i'll have a slice of beans on toast or a couple of cream crackers and cheese or a bowl of cereal and an occasional glass of wine - maybe 3-4 times pw.

Week 3: I eat pretty normally, 8am cereal, 11am 1pc fruit & 1 low fat yoghurt, 1pm chicken breast, cous cous, beetroot (- about a half a chinese takeaway tray sized portion). 4pm more fruit & yoghurt, 7pm spag bol or steak /salmon / fajitas/ mince & mash...whatever, but again quite a small portion.. The most i can eat in one go is (in chinese portions) 1/3 portion rice 1/3 portion meat dish & 1/2 nan bread. A takeaway lasts me 3 dinners ;)

Week 4: Toast for breakfast, bar of choccy mid morning, a couple of cakes and a fizzy drink off the snack truck, 3pm, whatever i can scrounge off the guys in work of if it's van run day the centre managers will have brought me cream eggs etc- (soz nick - i had that big bag of Doritos) evening meal - anything with high fat content and microwavable or a takeaway followed by ice cream, probably some chocolate and a glass or two of wine. (Thank God this is only 1 week from 4)

So, do i have a problem? :p

The strange thing is that during this time my weight doesn't fluctuate a pound. You'd image i'd drop weight then put it on, but i dont. BTW during this whole time i'm also exercising pretty heavily for about 3 hours per evening 3 times per week - enough to get me out of breath to the point that i cant talk for long and my clothes are completely saturated - i'll drink 3 litres of water during this time.

So when i say 'pigging' - i mean just the last week ;)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
try the 'production dept. lunch diet'
monday : chinese take away
tuesday: pizza
wednesday captain cooks for the win (local kebab shop)
thursday: pies from greggs (and a donut)
friday: depends who can be arsed going to collect it! but any of the above or subway/kfc

probably not the healthyest way to eat but i was well underwieght a year or so ago and have put on about a stone...still underweight but feel 10x better now im actually eating at lunch time (no time for lunch at my old job)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ok first of all your stomach needs regularity. If you starve yourself, knowingly or unknowingly, your stomach will prepare itself for when you do get food and convert everything to fat, rather than processing the nutriants and vitamins. So during weeks 1 and 2 you are not doing yourself any favours. Especially if you are working out aswell.

During a normal day you should drink water. Not water and stuff, just water. This is to hydrate you, and will aid with concentration, good skin and making you feel less hungry amongst other things. Tea and coffee are diarretics and will dehydrate you more. Fruit juice contains ALOT of sugars, and although its ok to drink a glass for brekky or something like that, its prob not doing you any favours if you drink it throughout the day.

Week 3 seems pretty normal. Although I would suggest maybe upping the portion sizes a little. Unless you are a midget or a child of course. No offence meant if you are a midget :)

Week 4 is a bad week! I'll say no more.

So anyways, I would suggest 3 healthy sized meals per day. Doesnt matter too much what it is, as long as its balanced and contains some fruit and veg. Drink plenty of water and you'll be doing better. Get some regularity in your eating habits, body clocks function a million times better when they know whats coming, and it sounds like yours doesnt know whether its coming or going.

My current fridge and cupboard contents are veg, fruit, fish fish fish, wholemeal breads (white bread tastes like bleach to me) wholegrain pasta, porridge oats, organic chicken, org free range eggs, semi skimmed milk, salad stuffs, fish, flapjacks my girlfriend made, fish and some more veg.

I do have things like snickers bars, coffee etc. But eaten/drunk in moderation is fine. I have one coffee first thing for example.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Bolter the whole thing about that post of Gups' is that women's bodies can be hormone driven. For some (thankfully not me) during that 4th week it's not that they just fancy the odd treat but they HAVE to have them, and get really cranky/irritable/moody/whatever without high fat and sugar content in their diet. And chocolate helps the body produce seratonin, again with some women this isn't just a mild want but they are very strongly driven that they need it.
Hence why she spoke about 1st - 4th weeks......

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
well gups if it makes you feel good then do it i have lost nearly 4 stone by doing weigh****chers i started mid jan this year and i'm loving it just really missing the bread and sausages but saying that i really needed to lose a few stone as mario can vouch for :)
;)