Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do people here care less about the major leagues these days?

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Why don't you tell us exactly what you would like to see done, Ash. Exactly how you would like it to be, which suggestions have jumped at you as the best ones and what other things you think will actually inspire people to get talking about MLP more often...
I dont have all the answers, but as a potential content provider I was hoping to see a few more requests for certain types of content people want to see. I have my own ideas about things that could work, but I'd rather not list them all off just yet as they require some co-operation from other people who I havent spoken to yet.

Its quite obvious there needs to be a central point of focus for something like this, whether it be an e-zine or gossip page a-la propaintball.com and it would need the UK stores and teams to get behind it too.

Dusty's right, it is the wrong time of year for any significant rumblings to be developing just yet. There are the usual rumours doing the rounds, but nothing will really come together until January or later, however if we want to get something like this going it needs to be there in January/February when all this starts to kick off..

Is it really only 50 sleeps until Christmas? Man that comes up quick!

Reactions: Dusty

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
I dont have all the answers, but as a potential content provider I was hoping to see a few more requests for certain types of content people want to see. I have my own ideas about things that could work, but I'd rather not list them all off just yet as they require some co-operation from other people who I havent spoken to yet.

Its quite obvious there needs to be a central point of focus for something like this, whether it be an e-zine or gossip page a-la propaintball.com and it would need the UK stores and teams to get behind it too.

Dusty's right, it is the wrong time of year for any significant rumblings to be developing just yet. There are the usual rumours doing the rounds, but nothing will really come together until January or later, however if we want to get something like this going it needs to be there in January/February when all this starts to kick off..

Is it really only 50 sleeps until Christmas? Man that comes up quick!
I guess it seems that everything is pointing towards having a central focal point to gather posts and information.

I stand by my previous post that I would like to see more written interviews, a few insights written by players (about events, training, mentality, the sport, really anything) and the odd podcast or video interview.

Shady8688

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2006
Selby
The Mills needs to heavily invest in the future of the webcast, to create/copy the PSP. The PSP webcast has me glued to the laptop for 3 days to watch each game be it div 5 or Pro, just because of the quality game footage and the commentary and interviews that go with it. The Mills broadcast i find doesn't grab and keep my attention and keep me sat watching it like the PSP.

I also read the articles on Paintball Access and VFTDB and would like to see more produced.

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
so by the same account we shouldn't be interested in any professional sport, because we'll never get to play against those individuals/teams?
@BZNeil I think the appropriate response to his comment should of been something like "Congratulations on reaching your 20 post count, enjoy the classifieds."

@Shady8688 if you go on youtube and watch some of the older PSP webcasts, you'll see that there was a time when even they were a bit weak. I can't help but think that maybe the MS webcast is still just a bit in it's infancy, so fingers crossed we'll see something better out of it next season. And remember, it could always be worse. The NPPL webcast of it's HB event this year was just a webcam on a nearby building. In comparison, the MS webcast is lightyears ahead...

Reactions: Shady8688

Shady8688

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2006
Selby
@frobinson - i was watching some parts of the 2011 PSP podcasts last night after watching the Nexus Videos from the last page and your right, it wasnt half as good as it is now. It needs the Mills to recognise this now to be able to do something about it and as you say it is in its Infancy, could asking the PBA/PSP for guidance/help be a bad thing?

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
@frobinson - i was watching some parts of the 2011 PSP podcasts last night after watching the Nexus Videos from the last page and your right, it wasnt half as good as it is now. It needs the Mills to recognise this now to be able to do something about it and as you say it is in its Infancy, could asking the PBA/PSP for guidance/help be a bad thing?
Yeah I sat and watched Nexus vs TBD and Nexus vs X-Factor. They were pretty good to watch actually even those the webcast wasn't as good!

In an ideal world, yes. But I seriously doubt they'd just "help". I imagine it would cost money and even then, it's no guarantee. The CPS paid Matty to come over and help do their webcasts and IMO the MS ones were still better than those. It'll get there eventually, PBA have proven that there is demand for webcasting events. I suppose more effort to push the MS webcast forward could potentially generate more interest in the big leagues, but that might only be surrounding events. I still think to properly get people interested, you need a lot of media outwith tournaments. That way, when it get's to the MS events, people will already have allegiances or favourite teams that they will support, and you'll see the hype and chat significantly increase prior to, during and after these events.

Shady8688

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2006
Selby
i didnt think for a minute they would do it for free but it would be worth knowing there setup to enable the Mills to follow/improve upon it.

I think if you create a brilliant webcast - game footage/commentators/team interviews/interviews with vendors etc that brings in the interest and forms a focal point from which you can produce addition web content such as Team blogs (from all levels just a paragraph or video on how training/tournament as gone) /Coaching blogs (tips/techniques)/ the old P8ntballer website (not forum) if i remember correctly had articles on playing positions/walking fields/technical drills etc.

Reactions: frobinson

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
In answer to what would we like to see the tops teams 'give back '

There is a lot to be said for webcasts, magazines interviews etc. But I still firmly believe that the simple things work the best. The personal touch goes along way. In 2011 at an NSPL event at bricket wood just prior to the campaign cup Jason Wheeler guested for us on Team Kinetic. if I remember correctly it was one of the first opportunities to play the layout for campaign.

It was great to get his insight and play along side someone of his experience. Ever since I have taken more of an interest in the top level of the game and the big teams.

I challenge every one on Nexus or any other elite team at the next CPPS to simply go and start a conversation with 10 people they have never met before and have a chat. Talk paintball, talk tactics, share experiences, give advice. Pat someone on the back if you see them make a good move or let someone know if they could have done something different.

Connect with people on their level and I'm sure they would take more interest in the major leagues.

Oh and the best thing about this is it's completely free and requires very little effort.

Cheers

Craig P - Team Kinetic