Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do we actually care about cheating guns and bad behaviour ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Right i would rather have some people with experience talking about this but any one is welcome to give there input.

First off do we as a nation just go with cheating gun's ????

The reason i ask is that i know few teams use them and i have played them as well.

But would there be up roar about it and them getting banned or would it just be "oh well" just let them still play ?????

Bad behaviour in the sport as well this thing with the Germany incident what is going on with it with have had no word from the MS no word from any one and i do think that it will be just kept quiet.

I just cant see what is going to happen with this thing we do i must admit i think it will just spiral out of control till some one get's really hurt or some thing like that because is any one really that bothered about it.

i would like to hear from tournament organizers about it and people who some influence on the paint ball scene to know there view's.

And don't get me wrong i love ramp modes and stuff like that but i think that on the field everyone should be at the same level.

But do we care enough to actually make a example of them or is ever one just thinking of there bottom line ??????

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
whatever happened to 3,2,1 guns on the floor? and any one who shoots (to cancel a breakout mode etc) is eliminated for that game?

i was looking forward to that :rolleyes:

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
bad behaviour... should have been at masters today.
Spill the beans....

In a semi only tournament - I'd be pretty pissed if the opposing team used a breakout mode. In a ramping event I couldn't care less.

Velocity ramping is dangerous, so anyone cought with that should get a perma-ban from that tournament series. It's stupid, selfish and shows disregard for the well being of the other players.

Increasing from 15 to say 20bps for the breakout or in game I'm personally not too fussed about but it could be stopped, most (UK) series don't check for it in game, and if it's a good breakout cheat it'll be undetectable anyway once handed to the marshall.
The thing that pisses me off is when you blatantly hear a gun going well above 15bps and the marshall can't do anything about it. The marshalls should have the authority to pull the player immediately with no 'technological' proof. Any semi-decent ref should be able to distinguish this and have the authority to make the call (I've not actually read the rules in a while, but I've never seen a ref pull someone for this when it's obvious when watching on the sidelines)
I realise this could leave space for a bit of abuse or misuse of powers on the refs side, but if we can't trust our refs then what's the point of having them? In many other sports the refs have to make a judgement calls without 'proving' an offence with video playback or similar.

You'll never get rid of cheaters, I don't concern myself with it too much at the moment as it's the series organisers and refs who need to be on the ball about it. If a certain type of cheat is highlighted I feel it's the series organisers responsibility to investigate ways of exposing the cheats and punishing the offenders. Just because lots of people are doing it getting away with it doesn't mean you should let them just carry on cheating :rolleyes:

Bad behaviour - depends on the extent. Everyone gets hot headed, it's the nature of the game, we're shooting eachother. But it's still a game and people are there to have fun, seriously bad behaviour shouldn't be tolerated.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The whole gun thing should bother people in the sense that it's not so much the problem, but rather a symptom.

Instead of embarking on a great crusade to come up with real solutions for what were cheats back in the day, the rules have been changed to allow the cheats, because, well, it was just too much of a hassle to come up with a workable solution.

Do I have something against the ramping modes? Not at all. I just hate the reasons for their introduction. It indicates a total lack of backbone as far as I'm concerned.

Bad behavior? Treat it the same way that other sports do. Disqualify people that can't control themselves for a number of events appropriate to the severity of the infraction.
Plus, if applicable, call the fuzz.

I doubt there are more bad apples within paintball when compared to other sports, but the problem is that paintball in a number of countries is a sport which balances on the fine line of legality and being outlawed. So the stupid behavior which only has ramifications for those directly involved in other sports, may well have effects that reach everybody in paintball.

Lesson for the day: You have a head. Use it.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I think you should let them 'get it on' like in Ice Hockey ,I personally think that that would stop a lot of the overshooting ,loudmouthed smart asses you get on the feild , you would have second thoughts at the prospect of the guy your shouting at smacking you in the chops ....

And i could kick the **** out of all those nerdy twats that keep mugging me ..****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.