Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do you think this strategy would work?

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,move,cover,fire,

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
that strategy has one major flaw. Mainly, you trapped four people out of five in the back row. The break is the best time to gain ground. By locking four out of five back there, you're really not going to give yourself much of the chance at getting good field position.

Now, if you were to put your two back players, assuming normal two-one-two team coverage, and each one shot down the same fire lane, then you might have something! Always try something weird and unexpected. You never know, it just might work.

-Tyger

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Very true, to a point. It does, however, afford the team a measure of unpredictability in that the other team cannot both stay at the start station to watch where the team attempting this move is going to go while heading towards their bunkers as well. This said, the forwards can go to where they want unobserved and in the gap between the opposition getting into their bunkers and resuming fire. This idea, modified to a 2-3 rather than a 1-4 is the reverse break introduced this past season in 7man that since we all read PGI (and some of us were there when it first was used) we know about and know that it wasn't just a gimmick, but a devastating technique that gets results against the best teams in the game.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
If I did use the 5-gun-salute with all my players firing....would I want to do this playing a more experienced team or a lesser experienced team?

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Can't remember who it was but somewhere a novice team tried it but they took three of us on the break and did the same to the next team. After that when everyone got wise they lost every game. All the other team needs to do is a have a couple of guys rain in on tghe back guys, they are all generally so close togther you get an elimination or two on the break while you have three front guys pushing the field. their loner is then sevierly outnumbered getts mugged out of their and game over (if all the remaining guys are together on the back tape it's unlikely they will win)

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
The whole thing with one guy running and the others shooting... Doesn't work. A team tried it this weekend. On one hand they got the front guy to the 50, but after that... No. The front guy will easily get cut off. And if you're playing hopperball your man better be efficient cause if he stops shooting he is in a perfect spot to get bunkered. Think of it this way, on a five man the distance to the 50 from the back is pretty far. Considering they made a good breakout to at least the 35 or so, that man could bunker your man and by the time you saw it and started shooting, it would be too late. Oh well. Maybe if your front man was a crack shot and smart it might work.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I know, and if you look at my earlier posts you'd see I changed my view to NOT having one guy run up the right side and have all 5 men firing. That way I'd sacrifice position, but I would be up in players.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
If you send your guy to the tape on say the 25 rather than the 50 you gain width without the likelihood of the bunkering.

Plus, as soon as they drop into their primaries you use that 10-15secs of "dead time" while they get the cheese and biscuits out and make themselves comfortable behind their bunker to make yours.

We have sometimes had 5 of 7 guns up on the break and that worked. You just make sure your guys can make their primaries (albeit close ones)

"Lesser" teams are the best to try this on as they are more initimated by the wave of paint.

But I agree with Rancid and KO is that is should only be used when the field allows is and it shouldn't be a standard play of your teams - Ask anyone from Bugout about what happens when you pull off too many dead mans walks :)