Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

dodgey fill nipple?

spartan85

It Is What It Is
Sep 17, 2008
ipswich,uk
hi guys,i bought a spare air tank off a guy and it turned up this morning,its a pure energy 3000 psi tank,i gave it a once over a something was rattling and i found it was the valve inside the fill nipple,u can see it moving forwards and back,i was under the impression that there should be a spring behing the valve,or am i just being stupid?

spartan85

It Is What It Is
Sep 17, 2008
ipswich,uk
oh rite,ok,cheers.i wasnt sure coz ive got a dye throttle bottle aswell thats empty and theres resistanve on the valve

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
there is more than one type of fill nipple out there, some have a moving piston that will rattle freely under no pressure. Dont worry about it.

If in serious doubt, check at the very least with someone staffing the next fill station you are at, all the better if its a HPAC employee.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
dive shop eh............you got a fill rig? or are you sure they have the correct fitting to fill up your tank?

spartan85

It Is What It Is
Sep 17, 2008
ipswich,uk
yep,a dive shop.just come back,bottles all filled and holding.theyve got fill rigs n stations for pretty much anything,if uve got a local dive shop u should check it out,they can servive the tanks and regs aswell