Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does an LP tank give you finer tuning over a DM's air usage?

~Solo~

Sep 13, 2007
Kent
Was on a walk on recently and was chatting with somone who seemed to know their stuff regarding markers and air. I've had some tuning dificulties with my DM6 recently which I now think may have been down to some damaged O-rings but we got chatting about tuning with the LPR to get better efficiency and less recoil / noise. I asked about whether an LP tank would make any difference and he was adamant that it would. Why? His view was that a lower input into the HPR would mean that the band of pressure over which it provided adjustment would be narrower and could therefore be regulated more finely. The would then follow for the LPR, again allowing a narrower but finer band of adjustment.

I've searched several forums and the web generally to see if I can find any supporting evidence / views on this but have only found he usual stuff that a DM can use either tank and you only need to worry about drop-off if the recharge rate is slow on a LP tank.

What the chap said seems to make sense to me for the HPR but once the output of that is set I would have thought that the LPR would react the same way irrispective of the original source pressure.

Would appreciate any input on this particlarly from Dyetechs or airsmiths.

Thanks.