Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does Anyone Have A Wrath!?!?!

bulldog2k

hey Pinki

Great to see you play at last after reading lots about ya mate!

Hairbear wasn't the only one to se the DM4? Lots of spectators commented on seeing the SP team playing with the Dye gat?

So who was this mystery man with the rogue shooter?

bulldog2k

I'm not sure this isn't something I haven't stated before, but just to confirm -

Lots and lots of people say about the 'required' ups of an Ion - actually for many of the younger, skinter guys on my team, this has been a positive bonus. They get a base version, which works perfectly adequately, and then add the preferred but not essential bits when they can afford them. The only expensive upgrade is the barrel, but that's true for virtually all gats anyway.

Where I disagree with many 'pundits' is the order in which to do them. IMHO...

1) QEV mod - 8 beer vouchers from Planet, and simply a no brainer, because of the faster cycling time = faster ROF (up to the board max, obviously) and the benfit of not having to strip the noid to clean it. Slight efficiency increase too...

2) Trigger - I HATE the stock trigger - that's always a personal thing, but thebetterones are $27 shipped to the UK. That nice man Skeetmaster can also help you out too

3) On/Off & rail - The stock duckbill is comedy but functional. I don't like the position it puts the gat in, but standard price for a CP rail & ASA seems to be bout 25 notes 2nd hand

4) Barrel - You could argue this is most important, but I put it here cos it IS expensive. The Evil Pipe rocks my world, but if you can find paint to match the stock barrel it ain't THAT bad

5) Feedneck - I really sometmes think people overstate this. Yeah I have a Hybrid Hedlok 2 on mine, but if your loader fits the stock one, then everyone goes home happy. Kind of, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I know and understand John C's concern about the field strippable bolt - for what it's worth the Strange body kit - as many will know - adds the ability to remove the bolt from the back of the marker without stripping it (for a price of $149). He used the airbag analogy to me - he's never needed them, but one day he will and he'll be grateful for them

Just to keep you updated, John - a few more tourney's down and I - and no one else I've ever seen - has 'triggered the airbags' in their Ions. I will inform you - honest - the moment they go off ;) :D

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
i'd say thats a fair breakdown of the ion situation....we have some young guys in our squad now and they are in the situation that every penny the have goes into paintball and the ion is a great gat for them.
The only thing i did recommend when they get ions is the q-loc feedneck, i have one on the shocker and its a godsend, its as lower profile as you'll get and goes from vice-like grip to loose with the flick of your finger, £25 new and they occasionally come up on the forums too.

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
back to the topic, never get a wrath, even if for £10, they always break, i had two on my team and they both broke last tourney before they even got to shoot any paint. Ions are not overratted as most scepticals think, i have one and can hold my own against any e-blade in a tournament.

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Heard through the grape vine SP Europe got in 600 Ion's just before the weekend and have sold every single one and there is still a back order!

This has been going on for a while and they have shifted and obscene amount of markers. Considering there are that many ions out there the forums are very, very quiet with any ion problems. I think that speaks volumes.

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by bulldog2k
hey Pinki

Great to see you play at last after reading lots about ya mate!

Hairbear wasn't the only one to se the DM4? Lots of spectators commented on seeing the SP team playing with the Dye gat?

So who was this mystery man with the rogue shooter?
Hey, next time come and say hi (I'm legendary for forgetting names and faces, shouldn't have given up the drugs at least then I had an excuse!)

Most definately wasn't one of us - none of us even brought a DM4 with us! I'm confused, we did have a couple of shockers (one black with lotsa stickers and one red) - sure you're not confusing the Red Shocker with a Red matrix that Nick is servicing for Tsunami?

Anyway - Ion's own all :D

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
they would be good if it wasn't for the trigger which only lets you pull 7 bps and the fact it will leak gass from no-where and break in many places at once