Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

does paintball exist north of the M62

Richie-Carrot

Maniac
Nov 27, 2003
Newcastle upon Tyne
then surely the support needs to be with us not against us ? hence your post "thanx for the support" makes sense now ! blown my thread clean outa the water lol but still maintain everything else i have put forward. if a leg of a tourney was in the north east / scotland all the dedicated people would have to travell or face losing points, alternate they will not join the tourney and just find another, i dunno if there is an overall governing body for paintball comps in the uk, but i reckon that they should make a rule that the events are spread equally over the south / midlands / and the north problem is that the governing body is prob way down south tooo :) just an idea folks 8nt trying to start a revolution..........................................yet.

outkast iain

retired
May 22, 2002
northumberland
Visit site
well it all seems that we do need a tourney series up in the north

all the negatives seem to point in one direction.... teams from the south wont travel... i kinda think thats pretty pisssch as they expect us to travel to them....

well imho screw the southerns and support the north....

we have enough teams now to make it worth while if us northerners stick together..

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Cheers Iain

Thanks for that Iain hope your well, get yourself up soon for a beer.

Richie let me exlpain myself as maybe I didn't come across to well after many beers and a rather hard day on site.

There is nothing I would love more than a Northern Series, trust me, I don't have an "ego" well not until I save some money ;) but that fact is, we (Northern Players) have been going on about a series for years, but nothing has ever happened. Yes, if a tournament organiser staged an event up North then I dare say you would get a good turn out but where do you draw the line, what is North, Carlisle, Newcastle, Edinburgh, end of the day we can't play on our doorsteps as much as we would like to. As for my comment about the big boys being from down South the fact is EVERYWHERE is down South to myself and my guys. I'll accept there are excellent teams North of the M62 but the main (Northern) concentration is around the Midlands and Manchester, wouldn't you agree??

If we ran a one off Northern Series, say 5 man to attract more teams then an organiser could guage it from there, maybe not a leg of a series, just a one off, like "Cock of the North" for all you old timers out there.

As for a tournament in Scotland, yes, we are working on that one, but again, how do you attract teams to travel maybe a 10 hour round trip to play in Edinburgh?? Good marshalling, sup air, excellent venue.....nope, you have that so why travel??

My views, if we do run a Scottish open we have to make sure players and teams want to play, not just an event but a weekend of paintball, beer, fun, edinburgh nightlife and, again this is only my opinion but a hefty cash prize package.

Anyway off my soap box, maybe one day soon we will see a Scottish Open, whether it be from Clan/A1 or another vendor, bottom line is, if they fk it up then you will never get another chance so you better make it big, you better make it worth the time and travel and you better make sure the players comments are all positive as we all know paintball players love to bitch, simple as that, sh** went back on my box again there for a second.

Okay back to the Northern thingy, what was the question, oh yeah paintball above the M62, YES THERE IS!!!!!!!!!!

Just one other thing with teams playing other series, PA, Bully, Uk Masters, Millennium etc.....where do you slot this one in, only this year the PGI 7's fell down due to lack of teams, do you want to start a series you can't finish, not really, no disrespect to PGI 7's intended as you all know you had my full support but if you saturate the tournament scene then something has to give.

Oh and Richie,

Qoute Richie -
"anyho i have lit up plenty of bods, north and south, area does not matter to me, if you 8nt a carrrot and you are infront of my boomy then i will do everything in my power to sit you down.... " and I have an ego......;)

Again, just my thoughts.

Sid

outkast iain

retired
May 22, 2002
northumberland
Visit site
sid i was up last week for 5 days

sorry dude dint get chance to ring you due to the high level of enjoyment.....

the bright lights of livingston

god i love chicago rock....

be back soon tho family duties and all that.... defo need to go out for a beer or 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 but defo not going to the night spot again it sucks so BAD

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
hell i'd love more northern tourneys, but i do know that Storming the castle put alot of guys off coming up north cos it was soo cold!

and how many decent tourneys venues we got up here? not that many .....