Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Does practise make perfect?

€gg

This really is my face...
Well does it? Some people react differently under pressure, some are more lateral thinkers and some are just damn flukey. Obviously you need to spend time using your equipment and knowing it's ins and outs, that goes without saying, but can you be the best without having ever played paintball at all. Like any sport, some your good at...others...there wouldn't be a place for you in their disabled team. I remember when I played for the first time it made sense to keep a low profile and not charge in at first site of a triple kill opertunity...I also remember keeping my gun raised at all times, so when I returned to base my team instinctively lit me up like a christmas tree. You learn. But can you still be instinctively a top player without training in your house in front of a mirror, or repetitive snap shooting practise? Can you just bloom on the field and adapt to situation and circumstance? In either case PGI magazine taught me everything I'l ever need to know! ;)

PSK1

Oct 1, 2002
Oxford
www.taggedgear.com
Looking at the state of 95% of UK teams I think that training is a good idea
maybe then we would see more teams from the UK on the podium at big events. I think you'll find that all the teams classed as good train on a regular basis.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
I doubt anyone will be able to just walk on a field and "blossom" without practice. In practice you learn a lot of skills which need drilling, over and over again. You cant just go onto the field and be able to read whats going on all around you, without knowing what your team mates are doing. You learn timing with practice, as well as patience.

DANDER MAN

Sep 30, 2002
norfolk
well yea

yea of course... it not just indaviduale but the team practice... you are only going to ever be as good as your natrule ablity man... failing that you need to use the force more..... there is no try....