Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dogs Vs Strange

This time last year Strange would killed tha Dogs - you're talking bout tha 3rd best team in tha world playing maybe the 10th, but now the boot is on tha other paw. So what happened?

I know Robo thinks tha Dogs have improved massively since last season, but that much???? Or is it that Strange, starved of real opposition at PSP and unable to attend S7s, is going backward?

And I don't wanna hear 'It was just one of them things', cos Dogs won 2 from 2 and also, tha whole rhetoric behind Xball is that because of the point system, the best team ALWAYS wins in any given encounter...

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Would moving from mechanical frames on their cockers to electro (e-blades) been some help?

Last year they had the skills but not the firepower

This year they got the skills and the firepower (eblades) and its showing.

ChuckC

Brimstone Smoke
Mar 28, 2003
Naptown
teamsmokepaintball.com
First off - why do you say Strange would have killed the Dogs last year? There's no justification for that statement that I can think of.

Second - having watched them play in Chicago, it could have gone either way. I know they say the best team always wins in X-Ball...but I don't believe that is totally true in this case. The Dogs and Strange were required to play a sudden death overtime period to determine the winner as they were all tied up at the end of regulation...(this does not happen in NXL games, only D1 and D2 X-Ball).

And yes...the Dogs did beat Strange twice. But don't forget to mention that after their first meeting, Strange went to play Legacy in the loosers bracket and came away with a 16-2 victory...earning the right to face off with the Dogs again.

The bottom line is this: When these two teams battle, it's always intense, it's always close and it's always exciting to watch. This has been the case for the last four years...

R

raehl

I saw the first half of the second match...

Two points (Strange missed a flag hang by about 3 seconds at the end after Dogs failed a last-second push with 3 on 2.)

2 points in 20 minutes is the lowest scoring X Ball half I've ever seen. Both teams had a plan for that field that they went out and executed, patiently.

Sudden death overtime is a pretty good indicator that the teams are fairly evenly matched.

- Chris

Rocky Knuth

Naughty Dog
Feb 27, 2003
US
www.naughtydogs.us
The games where tough!! Strange is a excellent team and we have nothing but mad respect for them! They will definantly come hard the next event and I cant wait to play them again! I thrive on competition of that caliber.

X-ball is a very different format that we need to get used to. We have been practicing 7 man all season and havent had a chance to really "bite" down and get some X-ball practices in. We will try and alternate the practices.

As far as killing us last year, I think we would of givin them some really tough games. 2001 strange vs. dogs we where 1 and 1 and lots of stails, unfourtantly they came out on top with points.(kind of like this 02 with Trauma)

I think we got over our mental block in the finals that we used have, I attribute that to our sucess this season, if you do a search on our prelim scores for the last 3 years we alway 1 or 2 going in. I think we used to change our game to much in the finals! But now we just go in there and have fun and play our game! "Naughty Dog Paintball".

Also both formats are different (super 7 and X-ball) as far as giving you a second chances(super 7 best out of 3 and x-ball game after game) and that really suites our style of play, where I can unleash our talent and not have to worry so much about a single game. It lets us play prelim style paintball!

Thanks strange for some bad A$$ paintball thats probally the most fun we have had this season!!

Rocky

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Spken like a true champ - so c'mon Strange, let's hear from y'all...TNG, I know you're there somewhere you psychokilla...

TNG

Originally posted by TJ 2
Spken like a true champ - so c'mon Strange, let's hear from y'all...TNG, I know you're there somewhere you psychokilla...
The dogs outplayed us and deserved to win. As much as I hate to have to admit it, we got beat. We played not to lose, rather then to win after taking the lead, and it ended up being a recipe for disaster. Congrats again though to the dogs, they earned it.

As for toulousse, hopefully we'll be ready to put this behind us and look forward to representing our country in xball and in the 7.

:)