Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Don't have the confidence to superman slide

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
at least you only have a confidence issue matey it's my physique issue that stops me. Dont want to fill the field with potholes

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Hey guys i have been trying to superman slide at home on the garden with knee + arm pads i get a fast speed go low to the ground and when im about to dive i chicken out.

Is there a way to over come this?

Im guessing you,ve never played sports where you dive in game.ie cricket goalkeeping.You are overthinking it .I,ve coached keepers and having listed the skills you introduce a ball and the focus takes out the hesitancy.It,s quite natural. Try focusing on the bunker ,diving form further away each time. To stay low and further distract you ,get a teamate to put down a lane above waste high. This will a) keep you low ,sending more momentum forwards ie faster and further. b) Give you a reason to dive ,like the ball in keeping giving your dive purpose stops you thinking about it and you will do it naturally,to stop you getting shot ,no better reason. Hope this helps.

RestlessFish

CAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW
Mar 20, 2013
Im guessing you,ve never played sports where you dive in game.ie cricket goalkeeping.You are overthinking it .I,ve coached keepers and having listed the skills you introduce a ball and the focus takes out the hesitancy.It,s quite natural. Try focusing on the bunker ,diving form further away each time. To stay low and further distract you ,get a teamate to put down a lane above waste high. This will a) keep you low ,sending more momentum forwards ie faster and further. b) Give you a reason to dive ,like the ball in keeping giving your dive purpose stops you thinking about it and you will do it naturally,to stop you getting shot ,no better reason. Hope this helps.
I used to dive for goalkeeping but i haven't done that in ages so pretty much i can't really dive anymore but thanks for the tip :) i shall try it out at some sessions

hehehe :p

Ricki_diego

Ricki diego - Evil Twin
Jul 29, 2012
Bristol
As everyone has send, keep playing snaked. When you are playing you won't have time to hesitate, you'll just do it. Once you've done it a few times..you'll have more confidence to do it in your garden and can work in technique. (y)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
If you want to woik on your confidence you could always post in 'Ask Missy'.
I'm great at giving tips on confidence...

Reactions: Bolter

Carbon Fibre Spider

Raiders Team Captain
Aug 8, 2013
Midlands
Just wait until you are on the field mate. Choose where you want to go and your adrenaline plus the fact that you will be getting under fire will remove all your last minute hesitations. Remember to put yourselfe out there though