Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Don't know what to buy

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
It all depends, I would get Shutter cuase I am 12 and live in NH, In usa. The fact that I am 12 means I am flat broke and can't buy stuff like cockers but I have a java 2 'n 1 and it is fine for me. Laugh if you must but I had a price range and that was the best one in it. I got it for birthday.

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
Impy all the way

I got an impy straight from the box on co2 with the vertical reg set up and it went very nicely for me.
Now i've got all sorts of up grades and my nice inexpensive marker has now cost me a bundle.

The cocker on the other hand will allow you to upgrade a bit more slowly.
Gotta say that my impy now is absolutely **** hot. Rate of fire and accuracy are seriously cooking!
Anyway best advice you can get is "try before you buy!"

Goodluck my friend

FI2eeFL0w

Team Halo
Aug 11, 2001
USA (texas)
i think that the spyder IS pretty good, but......its not nearly as good as the cocker or the impulse...my friend uses a shutter, and it messes up a lot, course it might just be him....impulses you cant really upgrade that much, but a 2001 cocker, i believe, is the best out of the choices...if you get the cocker, i reccomend a 10 or 14 inche boomstick, ans front block kit, wdp in line reg, free flow bolt and valve, and one of shocktech's or kapp's trigger plates...get a good air system too, and then no doubt, you'll have one of the greatest guns made...
good luck d00d........

heres what you do, you buy the Shutter first (even tho i think Spyder's suck, but its good for newer players), and then after you play with the shutter for a while (DO NOT UPGRADE IT!) and you think you can handle a better marker, get the autococker... i think that the autococker is VERY cheap compared to its value. BUT, cockers can be REALLY good if you know how to use one. IF you dont know how to use it, then its just plain out pitiful. Once you get the cocker, it might take a while to get used to the trigger b/c its not a pivot trigger. Then after you play with the cocker for a while, you can keep it for backup, and get an electronic gun, like the angel or shocker or whatever. But my advice to you is to not get a really expensive and good gun before you get to know the game.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Avoid buying 2 guns.

Find out if the Cocker or Impulse is right for you first by testing them in the field to see if you are effective with them. Read all the manuals and technical info to get to where you can understand them. THEN AND ONLY THEN DO YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING ONE. Whatever gun you buy, doing the reverse is a total waste of time and money and makes you look very very stupid in the meantime.

A paintgun is made to fit a player, not the other way around. It should be the means by which you take your mental and physical ability to make the plays in the game in the most swift and efficient manner possible. Anyone that is halfway decent in paintball knows and practices that--play with or in domination of someone, not wait in their path for them to mow you over, because if they know what they're doing and you don't, they will.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
if spyders suck...

then why are Bad Company USA using them?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they're great guns, but it's not the gun, it's the player.
If you're going to buy a new gun, get a spyder, or an inferno, don't get a cocker, especially a used one, and don't get an impulse, unless you fancy giving a portion of your monthly pay cheque to smart parts. If you buy any gun, don't expect to get more than half of what you paid for it when you re-sell it, unless it's some sort of custom jobby.
Get a spyder, learn how to use it, and then when you are ready to upgrade, flog it. Don't bother upgrading it, spend the money you would have spent on upgrades on paint so you can get good.

I would recemond a TL plus instead of the Shutter, and spend the saved money on a revolution. The guage on the bottom of the shutter is crap.

Red.

Etniesboyz

Oct 3, 2001
Dont rely too much

If you read the beginnrs section on this site, there is an article that says, its all in the player not the gun. Which is true, it matters the skills that you have, not the gun.

"Yea if someone has an autococker goin up agains a ****ty brass Eagle of course they are gonna rip your ass, if they know what they are doing. Someone who has that ****ty Brass Eagle and knows what hes doing goes into battle gainst some kid who has an Eclipse and doesnt know ****, the the person with experience is gonna win, so as I said its not the gun, its the skills" - article, says something like that.

But if your still not convinced, then I suggest the Spyder Shutter, that is my current gun, and my first gun, along with a PT pistol side arm (which I think is awesome!) Then you just buy a new expensive more advance gun. hope I helped you some

Just like the good man Red_Merkin said...:)

kyle

Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
cocker or impulse?? help please

Could anybody give me their advice and suggestions please!!!! RIGHT NOW I HAVE A 2001 COCKER W/ A 10IN BOOMSTICK THE REST IS ALL STOCK AND I ONLY CAN AFFORD CO2. SHOULD I SELL THIS TO A BUDDY AND GET AN ALL STOCK IMPULSE???? I KNOW THE IMPULSE IS FAST AS HELL BUT W/ MY COCKER I CAN HIT ANYTHING. I LOVE ITS ACCURACY. IF I DONT GET THE IMPULSE I PLAN ON GETTING A WGP HINGE TRIGGER. SO, ITS EITHER A STOCK COCKER W/ A BOOMSTICK AND HINGE TRIGGER OF A STOCK IMPULSE, BOTH ON CO2...........HEEEEELLLLPPP ----THANX - KYLE