Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DOT to PI Conversion

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
I have a dot cylinder, I have been told recently that I was able to send this to a company that is able to test and approve for use in the UK.

I can't remember who told me this or the name of the company, does anyone know and had any experience? From a google search I thought it was gaspack, however, they have told me that its not something they do (which seems the opposite to their website), unless I've miss-understood something.

Cheers

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have a dot cylinder, I have been told recently that I was able to send this to a company that is able to test and approve for use in the UK.

I can't remember who told me this or the name of the company, does anyone know and had any experience? From a google search I thought it was gaspack, however, they have told me that its not something they do (which seems the opposite to their website), unless I've miss-understood something.

Cheers
They would not be able to recertify a US DOT paintball cylinder to be used in the UK, it needs either the TPED Pi marking, or the newer international UN ISO 11119
The standards marked by the manufacturer show that a cylinder meets the relevant standards, hydro testing demonstrates that the cylinder remains fit for purpose and does not expand beyond the limits within those standards.

http://www.gaspack.co.uk shows two different services, hydro testing and restamping.
Restamping would not be possible for a fibre wrapped cylinder.

Pi Stamping
We are able to Pi mark certain cylinders to allow them to travel through the EU. The EU Directive 2010/35/EU on transportable pressure equipment requires the use of a special logo to indicate compliance. Vessels which are transported, within the EU, by road, rail, sea or air must be Pi-marked.

Hydro Testing
Gaspack have the facilities to handle all of your testing requirements. We can test cylinders with a test pressure of up to 400bar on our proof testing rig. Gaspack also has a top of the line water jacket testing facility and a bespoke drum testing facility for drums up to 1000 litres.

Reactions: Spikerz

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Cheers, I was surprised when they suggested it, but that's fine. At least I can reference this post if it comes up again