Down with XSV!!

BigbOYALA2

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
XSV may as well bid adue to the podium.
Rusty has left for Infamous.
JR has left for Infamous.
Glen has left for the Wackers.
Davey has left, but no one knows where he's playing just yet.

Dave Baines is on his way out unless Rich works some magic, and Roy will most likely follow suit. SKemp has found a niche in the XSV team, but if I were him, I'd be tired of playing second fiddle to Thomas Taylor.

The biggest question I have now is where Glen and Davey will end up. No doubt the Wackers are simply short-term for Glen...perhaps he'll end up on Legacy?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Rich Telford is one of the best, if not the best coach / owner out there and with players coming and going, it matters not, for as long as Rich runs the show, XSV will be up there somewhere.

It might all self-implode, who knows but what I do know is this, some players get above themselves.
The MOST important thing to remember is this, the team is the identity, it is the brand, it is the main thing and the players are just employees of the team.
Some of these fackin pro players lately think way too much of themselves both on the field and off. In this month's article for PGi (not a shameless plug) I have written why I believe Nexus went the way it did and there I mentioned a case where one of my players said to me this year that because he had played for Nexus for so long, he believed he should therefore own some of the team.

The fact he had been enjoying hugely subsidised Paintball, being able to play in the very top of our sport across the world with fantastic sponsor privileges, and also unbelivebale media expsore, all this seemed to have escaped his rationale for believing he should own some of my team.
Some players, especially some pros are just about the most ungrateful people I have ever met in my life and yet the irony is, if you ever meet Ollie Lang, the greatest player there has ever been, he is one of the most grateful guys I have met, he is respectful, professional and gracious.
Why the fuk isn't he a role model our pros aspire to instead of this ******* culture so many seem to indulge in?

Rich Telford is a man's man (a stand up guy ), a true professional and if those players have left XSV then it's their frikkin loss because that team there was sitting at the very top of the pile usurping Dynasty's stranglehold on Paintball and that was all achieved under Rich's tutelage and direction.

I doubt any of those players could do what Rich has done and although some of them may find a limited success with other teams, I personally think they are sometimes so far up their own ass and they lose sight of what's really got them to where they are, and believe me, I have some pretty recent personal experiences of just that mode of thinking.

Good Luck Rich is what I say !

JtJ

Feb 26, 2003
nehurricanes.com
Davey went to Dynasty.

Eric Hunter was picked up by XSV. I'm not sure who else they picked up. I saw Bobby Aviles (NRG) walking the field with Rich and Dave last night, but I don't know if that means anything.

J.Richardson

Sep 10, 2006
Hi guys, after reading all the crazy speculation going on in the different forums I figured I should clear up some of the confusion over my leaving. First off I left because the "Financial Backers" of XSV were not following through with what I felt they told me would happen. Rich, and the rest of the guys were doing everything they could to get the problems sorted out, they hold no blame for this they are in the same situation I was stuck in. Personally at this point in my life I play paintball for a living and if I had stayed on XSV for the event I would have been roster locked in through the rest of the year, and that would put me in a strained financial situation. On top of that the following years would be up in the air, and I couldn't take that risk.

As far as XSV future they still have 5 great core players and moved Bobby Aviles, and Scott Kemp up to fill out spots, as well they have the NRG team which is full of talent. Rich is a excellent captain, and with the caliber of players he has they will continue to succeed I assure you. I wish them all luck and they understand why I left.

With Infamous we have a great mix of Vets and youth. I look forward to help form the team back to a top level and I believe we will get there, it will take some time but all of us are in it for the long haul.

Thanks for your time - JR

BigbOYALA2

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
I've been told Dave Baines is leaving after the finals today....

Seems like an odd(possibly illegal?) time to do it, but it's from a pretty reputable source.