Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dressing like girls at tournaments and other stuff.

Should Body Protection be worn at Tournaments

• Yes

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.2%
  • Dont care

Votes: 46 31.1%

• Total voters

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Totally disagree with the OP - I don't see anything wrong with wearing a protective top of some kind, provided the design is primarily to reduce the sting of paintballs, rather than promote bounces.

I can't understand people who seem to think that pain needs to be an integral part of the game - if you can feel an impact, that's enough, why does it need to actually hurt?

All the macho stuff about 'manning up' is rubbish - if you feel the need to advertise your masculinity by the number of bleeding welts you've aquired, then fine, but don't try and force everyone else to comply to your own view.

It's nothing to do with players being 'girls', it's a personal choice. Personally I enjoy paintball more without potential scars (I've still got a perfect welt outline from Arenaball '94).

So from my perspective, yes, they're worn for personal safety. They do fack all to 'ruin' the game - I still get lit up quite nicely thanks, except now it doesn't hurt.

If people feel the need to ban padded tops, lets also ban any fatties with their cheaty-fat-bounce-promoting-guts at well. :D

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
i can see why you want them removed, but some people dont want to risk the pain.

personally im from the 'it hurts get over it' camp, i also do karate and im sorry if you take up a passtime like karate or paintball you have to expect to get hit/shot in painfull places. iv dislocated my shoulder twice doing karate, but i dont go training with my arms straped up, just as iv been shot in paintballing and not put extra layers on.

i think its a rule that needs to be sorted out irrelevant of the pain factor, if padding increses the number of bounces significantly then ban it. stop changing the rules so anyone can do well, it lessens the significange of the teams that actually train hard and deserve it.

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
just to clarify, im not saying it HAS to hurt just that it does sometimes, and playing fair is more important, if woodballers want ot were it im not going to think less of them just because i can take more hits, its there choice

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
fact of the matter is, that if people want to try paintball and not get hurt in the process then they are a good idea. But people just getting into paintball don't play hard fought tourneys. When you get to the level where you compete, the adrenalin surges take care of the odd stinging hit. Its only the left over bruises that can be a little tender.
There is a condition where you can receive blood clots if bruised, so people that have this would need some kind of pretection. But I suppose they wouldn't be throwing themselves round a field either would they.

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
as if people are actualy having this arguement.

i wear a proto vest, arm pads, shorts underneath (not slide just normal) and big thick jack of rec ball style knee pads.

i couldnt care less how much it hurts but ive had many a shot hit my legs and because of the trouser padding and the knee pads....BOUNCE!!!!! dont even bother looking....

in a game where every bounce counts as a second life im gonna wear as much as possible to give me that extra % more chance of a bounce. couldnt care less about the pain. its an extra layer which is legal.....fair dos

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
my 2 pence on the matter.

if its protection it should be hard, that way the player is protected while the chance of encouraging bounce is negated. obvioulsy comon sense needs to be used on areas such as knee and elbow pads as they move and need to be flexible.

while the ball rate has been dropped for one to help reduce teams paint bills, thats wasted really when you have to throw more paint at players when your balls are bouncing off this added padding.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Gotta love some of the over-adrenalised, testosterone-fuelled opinions on this subject.

I'm curious, does anyone know whether teams like Dynasty, Ironmen etc. wear these tops? I mean for real, not just for promo shoots and the like.