Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Driveby !!

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
it says she was shot at point blank range.:S i would call point blank 2 ft away . gary could you clear this up have the newspapers put this in to exaggerate the story
yeh i was wondering the same, but having said that it also refer to a "paintball pellet" so does that mean like bb gun size paintballs?

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Gotta love that article

When she regained her

senses she realised that she was covered in paint.
1 paintball is harly "covered"

"If you've ever been hit with a paintball you'll realise that it hurts when you're wearing two pairs of heavy trousers, but I can't imagine what it would be like to get hit full on in the face – at point blank range – without goggles."
Point blank? If it was point blank and only hit her once they either SUCK at aiming so most likely was not point blank.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
is it just me or are some people on here missing the seriousness of the story.

So what if it wasn't quite 2ft away. The fact remains that some hooligans shot up some random person for kicks. This woman could have been blinded for ever had they shot slightly higher.

Thats what the media does, it exaggerates. Thats what makes this even worse for us.
So what if the details are not quite right and make it sound slightly worse - thats the media, they pander to the public, they want to grab their attention and make them read and keep reading.

Ion_Paintball

Beam me up Scottie
Mar 13, 2007
Sheffield
How do you know they were random and how do you know it wasnt related and they didnt know who she was...

Dont just to conclusions about that...

Its not done too much harm for the sport but i agree we could do without it... Bt if you want to really do with out it support the call for paintball markers sales to be only allowed to licenced people like airsoft... seriously you not going to want that now

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
How do you know they were random and how do you know it wasnt related and they didnt know who she was...

Dont just to conclusions about that...
Thats exactly my point:rolleyes:. The average joe public, i.e. me - aint gonna care whether they know each other or not, and for that matter, im pretty certain the media wont be too bothered at this time either. And they WILL jump to conclusions - as i myself did.

That is beside the point. I dont care that it might not have harmed our sport - the fact remains, that a member of the public was shot with a gun (paintball) or not.

It amazes me as to how you can even try to argue otherwise.

Infact, i will quite happily support a licence system in the uk, and i will do whatever it takes to get that licence as long as it means that WE can continue playing.

Ion_Paintball

Beam me up Scottie
Mar 13, 2007
Sheffield
They aint just going to stop the sport over night becuase of it...

How many people do you think get shot each year? or with a shotgun? or with a baseball bat? or with a golf club?

And they dont go out with pitch forks for them... i knows its not good and someone being shot with a paintball marker isnt very good buts not going to be the end of the sport

As for the licence thing it would probably harm the sport than do it much good...

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
I think what breakaway is trying to say is we get shot all the time( not in the face of course), so we are forgetting the fact a woman who has probably never been shot with a paintball before took one to the face! and that is what the public will read from the article straight away.

I see what you saying with the license, but this could possibly be a bb gun with paint pellets so a paintball license wouldnt have an effect.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
1) They aint just going to stop the sport over night becuase of it...

2) How many people do you think get shot each year? or with a shotgun? or with a baseball bat? or with a golf club?

And they dont go out with pitch forks for them... i knows its not good and someone being shot with a paintball marker isnt very good buts not going to be the end of the sport

3) As for the licence thing it would probably harm the sport than do it much good...
1) i realise that, but if incidents keep coming in then it will eventually be harming the activity. If this woman had been blinded cos the shell ripped open her eyeball, the force of the ball hitting her eye popped it out of its socket and shattered whatever else the eye has inside. Then i would think a much much stronger stance would be being taken.

2) no idea on stats but then how cheap is a baseball bat and a golf club compared to a box of paint or a round of 100 nicked from a punter site, and then the set up needed to fire it - even a cheap starter set up, im talking real starter stuff here, would be more expensive. Shotgun - well thats just some wanna be gangsta who thinks they own the streets - that is getting into your serious stuff.

3) so your saying that you would prefer more people to be interested, included those new found breed of kids called chavs who think its absolutley hilarious to cause havoc - this is a great opportunity for them. they get their hands on some kit and then the old folks are not going to see daylight ever again.

yes its good that more people are interested but this just creates more and more problems. It is only a matter of time until someone is seriously injured by it - as with most things - and when that day comes i sure as hell wouldnt care if there was a drop in numbers - look at it this way - which is better, a drop in numbers (which might only be temporary) or an all out ban.

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
i see what your saying dude, i hate the fact this has happend to because it gives us all a bad name, but its up to the rest of us to show them that its the minoroty.

take my uni's paintball club, a few years ago a drunk student ran around firing his marker off, because they didnt know it was a paintball marker, or even tho it was, the armed squad was called out, and as a result the paintball club was disbanded and the idea left to rot

then 2 year ago a few students convinced the student union to let them start the club up again, then by working with the union and allowing them to come allong to game days and see for themselves that we were safe responcerble people, they allowd us to continue.

plus, your ment to have a licence to own a shotgun or other fire arm, i bet the people who do shootings in the uk dont have one. im not saying the idea pointless, but that if paintball markrs were going to be used as a weapon then people who want to use them for illigal purposes will find a way to get one without a licence