Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Drop Forwards....WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F**K???

O

ollytheosteo

Thanks for the explanations lads:rolleyes:

The point I'm trying to make is that there are a lot of forum types that seem to feel the need to step in and correct perceived faults in other player's technique, setup or choice of kit, often in a patronising or downright rude manner.
That's fine if your knowledge of the game is derived from experience; there's always something new to learn and if Tom Allen wants to set me right on a technical matter or Robbo tells me my setup needs changing I'll listen because they demonstrably know their stuff. They will also (well some of them) put their point across in a polite and civilised fashion.
If someone with a year's play under their belt choses to offer criticism in an offensive manner because they've been to a Nexus seminar or read some articles then I'm afraid I have to invite them gently to ***k off:)

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
Right.........I just thought I'd mention that at no point whatsoever, did I reference whatever abilities I posess, or, indeed, percieve to posess.

The point of the post was to spark controversy, and slap British paintball in the face. I'm not saying 'Hey, look at me, I'm awesome', I'm saying 'Come on People, lets lift the bar'!!

I did, originally, write quite a long neutral post on the same topic, called: 'Drop Forwards'....but then thought, no, this post requires exposions and stunt men flying out of windows, hence......'Drop Forwards...What the...etc.'

I like my post......because I've said what NEEDED to be said. It wasn't a helping hand, you're right....it was intended as a 'Kick up the arse' Which was the POINT!! Anyone who knows me, knows I don't have a shred of attitude...just a love for the game; and it hurts me to see so many people caught in a time warp in Britain, while the Americans keep creating a gap, that we are making too hard to bridge.

Thankyou all, though, for your personal attacks, you've all shown your maturity and interpretation skills.

Fi$h

....and Robbo, thanks for creating a band-wagon for the forum to jump on that distorts the post's meaning!!!!!!!

.....and Eddie, my Music taste doesn't suck....you're like a Monkey trying to appreciate poetry, but I still love you for it, which is why I'm gonna Dave Matthews Band your ass into the ground on Monday (Don't Drink the Water.....) :cool:

......and Dr.Stranglove, you are indicitive of the stubborness of British paintball, so '' Wot eva ''

......and Sid, Big up yourself :cool:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Fi$h

....and Robbo, thanks for creating a band-wagon for the forum to jump on that distorts the post's meaning!!!!!!!
Fi$h, let's get something straight here, YOU created the bandwagon not me, you come on here shouting yer mouth off with such an arrogant attitude.
Your after-post qualification in suggesting you did it to 'spark controversy' is about as believable as thinking you know what you are talking about, you don't.

Now swim away from whence you come and if you wanna gain people's respect, earn it first !!!!

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Well done, Fi$h

Originally posted by Fi$h
The point of the post was to spark controversy, and slap British paintball in the face. I'm not saying 'Hey, look at me, I'm awesome', I'm saying 'Come on People, lets lift the bar'!!

......and Dr.Stranglove, you are indicitive of the stubborness of British paintball, so '' Wot eva ''
Then it achieved its purpose cus it has proved controversial. Even so you can't "slap" somebody in the face, figuratively or otherwise and not expect it to sting--or the slapee not to react. (That's why this sort of thing is best left to the professionals. ;) Rabble rousers, that is.)

For the record, Strangelove is an American but you know how easily we take offense. :)

How 'bout another poll? To drop forward or not to drop forward, that could be the question.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
this one caused some interesting debate in the office!

is quite refreshing to see somthing a little 'in your face' and agrumentitive on the forums for a change. someone actually 'speaking their brains'.

a point well made it is too.......a slap in the face as it was ment to be.

quite where the personal attacks toward fish came from or the reasoning for them ive no idea......he wasnt the one that started waving the 'im better than you' banner.

peace out guys, take the origonal post however you like, after all its all down to personal interpritation but the man is right.....drops suck ass!!!!