Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dumping air

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
i need to send a bottle this weekend (fuel) and wondering what's the best way I have a pump with a pops Asa ,
Done it before but been a while and forgot

Cheers

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Take the oring of the top of the reg and screw it onto your gun and turn it on, all the air will leak out of your ASA,

Darkie02

Feb 26, 2013
I would always advise that you take you time and avoid sudden pressure changes and be aware your asa will get very cold watch out for freezer burn.

Darkie02

Feb 26, 2013
Air would heat the ASA if anything, CO2 would freeze.
Compressing air heats it up decompressing air cools it down

If the bottle sat compressed and the temp of the bottle has returned to the ambient temp when you dum the air it's going to get dam cold.

If you don't believe me try it for your self fill a bottle from empty it gets warm think hot water bottle warm

Leave it a few hours for the temp to return to normal then dum the gas quickly the asa will condensate and freeze

Darkie02

Feb 26, 2013
Car ac works on same principle of compressing and decompressing gasses tho the idea of having a bunch of penguins in the dash cooling the air down would be fun to wined people up with.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
As I understand it AC units, fridges etc work by the compression of a gas into a liquid which then absorbs energy (heat) as it boils back into a gas. Air doesn't become a liquid under 300 bar of pressure so I wouldn't have thought it would cool an ASA.

If you take the example of the first automag RT's the valves warmed up under high rates of fire increasing the velocity meaning you had to chrono lower than you wanted to shot by about 30 fps,they later changed the valves to aluminium so they wouldn't get so hot.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I suppose my example of the automag is nonsense, the heat there probably comes from friction of the moving parts rather than the high air flow.